We are seeking for a Server Administrator who is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of our Server Infrastructure. You will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a hybrid environment with Microsoft/Linux and experience with an automation platform, a passion for Linux, possess strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, the ability to creatively solve problems, and work successfully within a team.
- Respond to and resolve server and operating system issues assigned through the ticketing system.
- Identify technical environment issues and implement solutions to mitigate problems.
- Perform routine proactive server maintenance activities including firmware upgrades, patching etc.
- Analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design, and installation of new and existing computer systems.
- Identify complex technical environment issues and implement permanent resolutions to mitigate problems.
- Perform advanced proactive server maintenance activities including HP blade chassis maintenance, cluster/high availability maintenance etc.
- Optimize company servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the servers as necessary.
- Develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
- Build servers based on the designs developed by working closely with the project team to gather and interpret specifications for Server Hardware and Software.
- Experience as an Engineer providing support for large projects from requirements through implementation
- Fluent in English. Italian is an asset.
- Able to analyze, develop, and enhance engineering workflow processes.
- Working knowledge of the configuration of fiber-based tape and disk environments
- Experience writing in various scripting languages.
- Experience debugging implementation issues.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project with the ability to create, modify and execute implementation plans.
- Open Systems Experience
- Experience implementing High Availability (HA) concepts and ability to implement the various vendor’s software/solutions in this environment.