We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to fulfill the Web Platform role assigned to the Jobs vertical. In this position you will need to balance 2 responsibilities:
- Support the Jobs team on all platform and cross-frontend initiatives.
- Work with the other Frontend Developers in the Web Platform to keep iterating on the frontend platform.
Those 2 responsibilities have an end-goal of enabling frontend developers to build quality software products fast. Doing so, frontend developers can focus their efforts on delivering business value and minimize their time spent on the platform.
Knowledge of a Jobs Marketplace business is not required but a plus.
The following is expected from this position:
- Lead the definition of the common tech-baseline and practices.
- Work with all the teams to solve common problems in a common way.
- Assemble shared tooling to be used across the teams.
- Align technology and methodology across the organization.
- Push collaboration and knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Support the company initiatives by leading and participating with them.
If you are a curious person, positive, proactive and you are passionate about technology, and you also need to work in an environment where you share and feel our company Values:
- Sharing and collaborating for the common good. We want to reuse as much as possible.
- Frontend developers are our customers. The sole goal of the platform is to support their developments.
- Convergence is not the end goal; convergence is a way to achieve development speed
And you also have the following:
- Advance capability to put in practice Adevinta Spain’s Behaviors
- Be very updated about where the world is going.
- Know the state of the art of your domain.
- Have high knowledge about best engineering practices.
- Enables optimum organizational efficiency by taking a whole systems approach and thinking across boundaries and provides guidance to ensure linkages between structure, people, process and technology.
- Partners with the business to integrate new technologies into business solutions; contributes to identify future technology requirements
- Creates/embraces metrics to monitor performance across multiple teams and ensures effective delivery of work.
- Arranges agreements that create maximum value and sustainability for all parties, weighing and communicating optimal and undesirable alternatives.
- Good communication skills.
- You must speak english and Spanish
Join the Web Platform Team!
At Adevinta Spain, we believe in the power of a fair and equitable benefits policy. And we do everything we can to make it so. Therefore, we pay special attention to all aspects that are key in your day-to-day life:
Our work model prioritizes remote work combined with face-to-face dynamics in the office that help us connect and make strategic decisions as a team. There are a minimum of 5 face-to-face days per quarter that you will pick with your team, that is, a minimum of 20 days a year, of which there are 8 days that we have chosen for everyone because they are meetings that reinforce our culture as a company (development conversations with managers, the creation of objectives or the summer celebration and Christmas party)
Furthermore, you have the option of working up to four weeks a year from wherever you'd like. To do this, you must have a good internet connection and be able to follow the team's schedules.
Every year we engage in benchmarking against the external market in order to create competitive compensation packages. Moreover, we do have plans that allow you to "flex your gross salary" in order to purchase benefits such as meal vouchers, commuters card, training and child care.
We have Apple, Dell and Samsung options to choose the hardware that helps you most in your daily life. Choose between a Macbook Pro (14" or 16") or Lenovo X1 laptop and an iPhone 12 or Samsung S21 phone.
Do you travel by car or motorcycle? We subsidize part of the parking cost
Your well-being is our priority. We cover fully for your medical insurance and we allow family members to be added to the policy for a discounted price.
At the Barcelona office, you can enjoy sessions of 1 hour of physiotherapy
Do you like going to the gym? We sponsor 70% of the monthly fee of your chosen centre/ studio and we have agreements with both Andjoy and McFit for discounted membership prices.
We enjoy 23 days of paid-time-off a year.
We offer free breakfast and drinks at our Barcelona office every day of the week. You can also choose to enjoy the freshmade set daily menu in our canteen for an economical price. In Madrid on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays you can enjoy free breakfast.
Last but not least, you have 5 extra days to attend conferences and we offer one entrance ticket per year.
At Adevinta Spain, we work hard so that millions of people can find what they are looking for through our six marketplaces, building new connections that help us make a positive impact on the planet.
We are Fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net and Milanuncios. Every day, 1 in 2 people search for a new opportunity in one of our marketplaces in Spain. And they find it.
And to do so, at Adevinta Spain we create an environment where you are your best version of yourself every day, where you can give your all, and where your uniqueness adds to our diversity. Diversity in every sense of the word, in our people, in our products and our community. Because equality is at the heart of everything we do. Better as equals.
Adevinta is so much more than just a workplace. We have obtained the Great Place to Work certificate and 91% of our employees say that Adevinta Spain is an excellent place to work. An international accreditation that shows that we are one of the best companies to work for!
About Adevinta Spain
Nuestras marcas en España: fotocasa, habitaclia, InfoJobs, coches.net, motos.net, milanuncios y vibbo, llegan cada mes a más de 18 millones de usuarios únicos: ¡estamos en el top 10 de las empresas con mayor audiencia de Internet en España! Esto, junto con las más de 1.000 personas de la compañía, nos convierte en una de las empresas tech referentes del mercado español.
Como empresa tecnológica, tenemos un ADN digital. Nos encanta desafiar lo establecido y pensamos nuevos modos de hacer las cosas. Trabajamos a través de PEAK Performance, una forma de trabajar basada en OKRs, ágil y con equipos autosuficientes y autoorganizados. Creemos en la cultura del feedback y en un estilo de liderazgo cercano. Además, gracias a la tecnología puntera, la experiencia y la especialización creamos un entorno digital multiplataforma, eficaz y de total confianza. En definitiva, creamos soluciones cada vez más inteligentes para ofrecer la mejor experiencia a nuestros usuarios y clientes.
Y no solo estamos en España, Adevinta es un grupo internacional presente en 16 países de Europa, América Latina y África del Norte, con marcas locales líderes como Leboncoin en Francia, Subito en Italia, Jofogás en Hungría y Segundamano en México, entre muchas otras. Marcas líderes a nivel local y que forman parte integral de la vida de los usuarios, con una media de 1.500 millones de visitas mensuales a sus sites.
Si te gustan los retos y crees tanto como nosotros en el poder del matchmaking... ¡Únete a nuestro equipo!