Zinio is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer in their Barcelona office.
“Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country.”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro’s white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
About the role:
As a Senior UX/UI designer you will tackle complex problems and transform them into designs that not only look great but are intuitive and easy to use. You will be immersed in the product development lifecycle – from understanding the business case and user problem to driving the user experience strategy and working closely with the product team to deliver user-focused experiences.
- Contribute to the design process from user research through high fidelity mockups
- Assist with user research to create a deep understanding of our users and their needs and be able to translate those insights into detailed design concepts and solutions
- Partner with product and engineering to clearly define the scope and requirements for a solution
- Create user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes to visualize the end-user experience
- Collaborate with developers to ensure design solutions are thoroughly understood and are technically feasible
- Solicit and engage in regular design feedback and be able to iterate designs and solutions efficiently to address input
- Stay up to date on emerging and best UX/UI trends and incorporate top UX design standards
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a UX/UI design role
- Excellent working knowledge of UX design processes, methodologies, and principles
- Experience in designing and shipping mobile apps for both Android and iOS
- Highly skilled use of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, Zeplin, Maze, Framer, Proto.io
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills, a flexible and open-minded approach to working in teams
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple platforms
- Excellent English communication skills
Why You’ll Love Working with us:
- We are a technology company, and we invest in technology
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing challenging new projects
- Highly skilled Engineering team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun friendly international work environment
- Flexible working hours and availability of work from home
We Offer Great Benefits Including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views
- Team-building activities
- Free digital magazines
- Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited coffee)
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery
To apply please send us your resume and a portfolio of previous work
If you are interested, please apply by sending your CV in English with all data relevant to the position.