Please include a COVER LETTER with your CV (in English) when applying, detailing how you meet the criteria set below in the ABOUT YOU section... And also why you want to join Wikifactory, and any questions you have for us.
Location: Fully remote. Option to work from our offices in Madrid, London and Copenhagen.
Package: very attractive package for the right person.
Wikifactory is the world’s first social platform for collaborative product development which enables teams to design together, prototype faster, and manufacture smarter. Inspired by the workflows of agile and open source software development, we are building the tools to accelerate the development of (physical) products. Our community of over 90,000 members includes designers, engineers, makers, technologists, teachers, students and enterprises. Covering industries, including robotics and drones, electric vehicles, 3d printers, biotech, agri-tech, and smart furniture, our community spread across 190 countries and has published over 4000 open source hardware design projects on the platform.
Headquartered in Copenhagen with offices in Madrid and Shenzhen, Wikifactory is on mission to connect the productive capacity of smart manufacturing with the creative potential of product developers, through open standards and accessible applications - an "Internet of Production".
You will be working closely with the Head of Product, and the design and engineering teams. You will be responsible for implementing consistently high quality user-interfaces based on a growing set of modular, highly flexible and re-usable components.
More specifically you will be:
- Informing user interface design proccesses based on your technical know-how.
- Developing user interface components.
- Implementing user flows using re-usable components where possible.
- Iterating existing user interfaces, improving performance, accessibility, semantic structure and usability.
- Ensuring existing interface components are maintained as designs evolved based on UX feedback.
- Documenting components, empowering frontend engineers to utilise existing solutions easily.
- Writing and maintaining UI and component tests.
- 5+ years experience implementing modern UIs (SPAs) with modern JS (ES6/7, TypeScript, etc)
- 3+ years experience with either React, Angular or Vue (we use React).
- Experience with either Styles Components, Emotion or CSS Modules (we use Styled Components).
- Experience with theme based design system development.
- Strong semantic HTML, CSS3+ and SVG knowledge.
- Experience with modern UX and developer-handoff tools such as Sketch, Figma, Zeplin.
- Excellent communication skills and a team oriented approach.
- Enthusiasm for building infrastructure for the next industrial revolution
- User experience design and user interface design expertise.
- 3D user interface experience.
- Gaming interface development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include the following with your application:
- A brief note introducing yourself and explaining why we caught your interest.
- Your resume or a link to it (LinkedIn is fine).
- A link to code you’re particularly proud of. Provide a description of what it does and why you’re proud of it.