Senior Technical Program Manager in Barcelona
- Lead the planning and execution of large programs with complex dependencies
- Build leadership structure around large, cross-team projects to improve alignment, drive collaboration, and facilitate communication.
- Work with teams to identify and handle our top risks with contingency and mitigation plans.
- Drive decisions to align leadership on the right level of risk for each project.
- Establish the right amount of process to drive efficiency and consistency.
- Facilitate productive meetings from small (3-5 people) to large (100 people or more).
- Build status reports that provide the context, narrative, data, clarity, and calls to action that serve as the pulse of rapidly evolving programs.
- 5+ years of professional experience leading and delivering complex, ground-breaking initiatives in the product organization in cross-functional work environments.
- Proven experience working in a hands-on role leading large-scale software development projects (preferably in a SaaS environment).
- Experience with agile teams and practitioners, with ability to adapt process and style as needed to meet the current needs of the program
- Proficient in program management fundamentals— team building, role/responsibility definition, DACI & RACI frameworks, risk management, work breakdown structures, project tracking, resource management, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to select and use data to educate, initiate action, and drive accountability from local and remote teams.
- Solid understanding of the complete software development life cycle with an appreciation for maintaining a high quality bar with low operational overhead.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with the New Relic platform and it’s capabilities.
- Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to help every engineer do their best work, every day, using data, not opinions, at every stage of the software lifecycle. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. Flex First allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or hybrid.
Read more about Flex First.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About New Relic
San Francisco, CA, USA