Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally.
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a Senior Technical Producer to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is one of the largest independent game developers in the UK and Spain which delights in connecting people through original, mass-multiplayer game experiences and breaking the mold with the weird and wonderful across every platform.
As a group, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
We are looking for an experienced Producer with great people skills and certain technical background to join our Mediatonic studio in Madrid to be part of an awesome team and keep learning and growing.
- Autonomously run a large product team from inception to completion
- Be the first point of contact for anything feature or product related including schedule, budget, product vision, alignment, client management and team morale
- Set up and manage Agile based processes to allow the team to keep track of tasks and progress in an efficient way
- Help foster a happy and productive cross discipline team
- Lead the team by example, with a positive "can-do" atmosphere that drives the team to perform beyond their expectations
- Be responsible for the overall quality of the product balancing budget, time and resources to maximise in this area
- Own the schedule, ensure deadlines are met, address or escalate where this is not possible
- Help to set and track KPI targets
- Liaise with external contractors and outsourcers to make sure assets are produced on time and to a high quality
- Be the point person for publisher contact, owning and maintaining a healthy working relationship
- Clear and regular communication of progress to all stakeholders including external partners
- Own the P+L for a product
- Liaise with the Production Director and wider production team to ensure the product is resourced appropriately and within budget
- Manage risk, mitigation and contingencies for the product and escalate where appropriate
- Contribute to the production team helping to improve processes across the studio
- Mentor junior members of the production team
We are looking for a candidate who has worked on several projects, managed teams using agile methodologies, and has a nice experience at handling schedules, budgets, product vision, client management and team morale.
- Strong level of spoken and written English.
- Experience on multiple games, from development to release and ideally beyond
- A good knowledge of light-touch production systems that allow teams to thrive without unnecessary admin
- A thorough understanding of production processes
- A strong working experience of one or more task tracking tool (e.g. Jira or Hansoft)
- An understanding of KPI driven development
- Some technical skills or background (e.g: a computer science degree, experience as a programmer...)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work well under pressure and to frequent and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and leadership skills
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Experience of live operations on a free-to-play game a strong plus
- Passion for video games
Want to work for us?
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries and free English classes.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job. We look forward to hearing from you.