Aircall is a place where voices are valued.
Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology that fuels accessible, transparent and collaborative communication to empower our base of 14,000+ customers (and growing) to make authentic, human connections.
Conversation is a cornerstone of our culture. Wherever our people find themselves in the Aircall world – Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin, or at home – everyone has a voice that is valued.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
As a Senior Architect, you will be responsible for the architecture of the system and business-critical features that add customer value on top of Voice. Providing technical and architectural best practices, evangelization, and mentoring in your team and across the whole of Engineering will be part of your day to day job.
Using a variety of back-end stacks, appropriate for each requirement, but always hosted on AWS, we build added value and resilient services on top of voice and fully integrate with our customers’ business critical tools (CRM, Helpdesk, E-Commerce, …).
Your mission @Aircall
- Work with the Architecture and wider Engineering teams to define, refine and communicate architectural strategy, standards and best practices.
- Have key responsibilities within the design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of the overall system and its key modules.
- Participate in requirements analysis to help with providing the right technical and business solutions for our customers.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of current and emerging AWS infrastructure and services, to enable adoption and use across Engineering.
- Write clean scalable code using AWS Lambda native languages, and test and deploy applications and systems.
- Be part of an engineering organisation delivering high quality, secure, voice solutions to Aircall clients.
- Involvement in product and platform performance optimisation and live site monitoring.
- Mentor team members.
A little more about you
- 5+ years experience working as an architect for highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilise load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability.
- You will have worked extensively with AWS in a production environment and understand how to design for, deploy on and get the best out of, the environment and services provided by Amazon.
- You can talk easily and spontaneously about most of the offerings on AWS, when to use them, and how, and can explain to junior engineers.
- Security is at the forefront of your mind in everything that you do.
- You are rigorous with code quality and other engineering best practices (testability, maintainability), and are accustomed to using systems such as Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, GitHub, GitPrime, etc.
- Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Test Driven Design and Continuous Integration/Deployment are the way you design, develop and release software.
- You possess effective and proactive communication skills, and can collaborate with different profiles and roles, from junior to senior, tech to business.
- You are used to working in Agile teams and look for and implement continuous improvement, but you also appreciate good process and quality assurance in mitigating risk and improving quality.
- Provide technical leadership across multiple teams, manage debt and legacy code with business, technical risk mitigation
- You invest your technical and interpersonal experience to mentor juniors and include other engineers in your actions.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and solving complex production issues.
Nice to have
- Experience of AWS AppSync, AWS Aurora, delivery of solutions using Serverless including Amazon AWS Lambda technology and experience in distributed event based micro services architecture, such as Amazon SNS. #LI-MC1
Aircall is constantly moving forward. We’re building new roads to complete our journey, and we’re taking people with us who have the same builder mentality.
Let’s grow together: Aircall is a place for those who dare to be bold and seek responsibility, excellence, and the opportunity to push themselves to new heights.
We’re creating a place where great people trust one another and thrive together.
People flourish at Aircall and now is the time to be part of the team and the journey we’re on.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 45+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.