We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer in the Barcelona office.
IMPORTANT: If you are interested, please apply sending your motivation letter and CV in English.
Want to help shake up the way people read in an exciting startup environment on the
cutting edge of the publishing industry? You’ve come to the right place.
Zinio is on the lookout for a Senior Systems Engineer to help us build, improve and scale up our
hosted infrastructure, ensuring service availability and service levels expected of a worldclass
IT company. We’re an ambitious bunch and need someone experienced in large-scale
web application deployments. Configuration management and security should be top-ofmind
and rolling out globally redundant, auto-scaling environments should excite you. If
you’re up to the challenge of solving real-world problems for big-name clients in an
exciting startup environment, we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing:
• Reporting directly to the Director of Operations in our Barcelona office.
• Managing all infrastructure deployments, both internal and cloud-based.
• Working with other system and database administrators in the systems group to
maintain the service levels of all systems.
• Managing servers, applications, and all internal software used by the company.
• Defining configuration management and deployment procedures, including postrelease
monitoring and risk analysis.
• Coordinating, planning and deployment of major software releases, feature
enhancements and bug fixes with various development groups.
• Recovering applications in the event of a failure, and working on an on-call basis
with other system administrators and developers.
• Working with the Operations team to complete capacity planning and scalability
Your Required Experience:
• Minimum of 3+ years relevant work experience.
• Fluent in English, the official company language.
• Strong Linux administration skills.
• Experience with highly scalable system is preferred.
• Experience with Docker or container concept highly valued.
• Experience with cloud services such as AWS (Amazon), Rackspace or GCE.
• Prior experience with configuration management using Chef, Puppet or Ansible
Bonus points for:
- Experience with PHP, Ruby or Python.
- Experience with CI and CD processes and tools, (Jenkins, Drone..)
- Systems & networks security.
You’ll fit right in if you:
• Are enthusiastic and self-motivated with good decision-making skills.
• Speak up! We’re very open here, and we want to hear your opinions and ideas about
how we can extend our products and do things better.
• Collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile
Why you’ll love working with us:
• We have a fun, friendly international work environment.
• You will be part of a multi-cultural team, working in different countries and timezones.
• Great benefits including:
- Open space office with an awesome view.
- Free fruit, coffee and tea.
- Board games.
- Optional restaurant and transport ticket as well as insurance.
• Great learning opportunities in an agile environment where knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived; brown bag lunches and teambuilding activities.
If you are iInterested, please apply sending your motivation letter and CV in English.