We’re FinReach, a Berlin based startup, developing SaaS solutions for financial institutions, part of the Berlin-based FinTech company builder FinLeap. The first product line of FinReach allows end customers to effortlessly change their old bank accounts to a new one. While this product line already have registered success and traction, the challenge at hand is to scale up while introducing the next product line, ensuring our long term success and leadership on the market. We’re now looking for a Senior System Engineer (m/f) to join our engineering team. For more information visit our website: www.finreach.com.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- You manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure;
- You install and, configure, test and maintain operating systems, databases, application software and system management tools;
- You ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- You monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
- You maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- You create and maintain infrastructure automation to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- You provide application incident support and troubleshooting;
- You liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
- You work directly with our CTO.
Our Perfect Match
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments;
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, Ruby, NGINX);
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably with AWS;
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box);
- Experience with monitoring systems;
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Salt);
- Solid scripting skills (e.g. shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python);
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP);
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication and documentation skills;
- Responsible, reliable and absolutely trustworthy.
- Our current Java stack: Java 8, Spring 4 (Boot, MVC, Data), Junit,
MongoDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Maven, Git, Travis CI, Ansible CM;
- Additionally we have a Ruby stack (Ruby on Rails);
- Our team is fun, talented, international and experienced mix of engineers and entrepreneurs;
- We believe the success and growth of our colleagues is directly tied to the success of the company;
- We’ll support you in relocation, getting a work permit and other administrative issues if needed;
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office.
Apply online with your CV or LinkedIn profile & GitHub account.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
(People & Organization Team FinReach)