Broker Genius is looking to hire several experienced Architects and Engineers to participate in a high performance CTO team. This team will be central to our Robust Architecture development moving forward, in terms of our existing product, and our new initiatives.
Broker Genius helps brokers set ticket prices for concert, sports and show tickets for sale online. Last year we priced over a billions dollars of inventory, and we are growing rapidly. In this role, you will work build code that frequently changes the prices of billions of dollars of tickets. For this, we need aggressively tested, incredibly robust, rock-solid code and robust infrastructure.
The candidate must have been a top-notch developer committed to becoming an integral part of, and fostering growth within our development team. You will want to contribute and be part of the Continuous Delivery and DevOps culture. This person would help lead the development, implementation and support of individual applications, including analysis, detailed design, development/coding, testing and implementation of the components.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working hands-on software coding and architecture of extreme-large-scale applications.
- Prototyping and feasibility tests on new business ideas.
- Develop and Architect large scale infrastructure for data and production.
- Scale system functions of redundancy, monitoring, performance metrics, and load balancing.
- Develop software system and design using Linux, NodeJS and/or PHP.
- Work and assist teams in the business organization such as project management, system engineering, QA, and other engineering groups.
- As a architect create and maintain technical documentation and Diagrams.
We are looking for a System Architect/Developer to assist in the definition of the application and infrastructure architecture. This role would work with and report to Chief Architect and provide assistance to set strategy and provide hands on development to build capabilities and maintain the existing applications. This person would also provide assistance in guiding Development, DevOps, QA and other departments.
- 7+ years of experience in developing highly reliable, scalable Linux-based software systems for robust production environments.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- The right individual for this role must be capable of building applications in modern development tools such as;Docker, NodeJS and PHP (Laravel), Kubernetes, Cloud Computing, Consul, Docker Compose.
- Full SDLC experience for a cloud-based, SaaS product
- Proven experience building high-scale, highly available systems
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs, including correct use of HTTP status codes for error handling.
- You should have some practical knowledge of Domain Driven Design and Microservices. Experience with Containers and cloud architectures is a must.
- You should be comfortable with application patterns, application coding based on design and specifications, and also be comfortable working with application protocols such as JSON RPC, SOAP, ReST and single page architectures.
- Experience in CI/CD with unit, regression and performance testing
- Experience with SQL Databases like MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle
- Experience with Open Source MySQL Clusters (Galera, XtraDB and Mysql NDB)
- Proficient at using git in a feature branching and pull requests model
- Experience using Jira or equivalent tool for tracking progress
- Proven ability to come up to speed quickly with new skills--come prepared to give an example of a language, database or similar technology you were able to rapidly adopt
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of several large-scale Data technology solutions such as Hadoop, MongoDB, and Cassandra is big plus
- Python 2.x or 3.x experience is a plu
- Private health insurance with dental coverage
- Bonuses based on performance
- 26 days of annual holidays
- Paid parental leave policy
- Leave early on Fridays (Work done? Go and enjoy the weekend)
- Excellent training program
- Great office with Ping Pong, darts and BBQs
- Plenty of opportunity. The challenge is here for the taking!
- Tea, coffee, juices, fresh fruits and snack
- Team building events
- Amazing work environment and coworkers
- Play a critical role in disrupting an industry
- English and Spanish classes!
- Gym Membership (Gymforless)
About Broker Genius