Who are we, and why are we hiring?
We're based on over 15 years of success, producing world-class video content and building, developing, and managing a number of high-traffic websites. Our success is down to Kodify's distinct teamwork, where each and every one of us plays a key role in getting us one step closer to our goals. Our award-winning content and websites are created exclusively by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
At Kodify, we love tech and are always thinking about what’s next! R&D and optimizations are part of our spirit. We work hard on consistently maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The video streaming industry has been growing a lot since last year and as a result, we need to expand our team to release the great ideas we’ve in mind.
What will you do?
You’ll help to evolve a platform that supports close to 100M unique visitors a month by:
Improving and maintaining multiple self-hosted Kubernetes clusters on EC2 (+1.20 version)
Providing platform observability
Design, improve and implement Cloud environment technologies
Automate, optimize and document all of our processes and technologies
Be a technology reference to our internal team and respond to requests from devs
Ensure our platforms are stable, scalable, and robust
Comfortable with the DevOps culture
Work with a team that contributed to the community in tools like kops, traefik, cilium, kube-aws, heapster (rip), nginx-ingress, helm...
Where and when
From wherever you want, the position is fully remote in the EU.
We’re very flexible about when you get your work done, but we do have some core hours where we like to overlap in order to promote collaboration and low-latency communication between team members (10:00 to 15:00 CET).
Our daily virtual stand-ups are important for us but other than that, you’re free to manage your own time
What we offer:
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top-notch tech stack!
- Upskill Fridays! Developers take time on Fridays to improve your skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary for learning and development - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment
- Company Amazon book account!
- Kodify off-sites, quarterly on-sites, events, and team activities!
- Amazing international team!
- ½ day off on your birthday
- Generous vacation and personal days
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
- Extended parental leave
- Health & Wellness budget
- Mobile phone reimbursement
We’re looking for someone with the following profile:
Expert in Kubernetes
Experience in high traffic environments
Experience in Cloud providers (especially AWS)
Experience working with observability tools
A team player who likes to help others and find solutions together
You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock-based!
You love to have fun while you work!
We also really value experience in:
Kops * Nodejs * Networking * Building CI/CD pipelines in GH Actions, Gitlab or Jenkins
All of this doesn’t happen without a healthy portion of fun & perks – Kodifiers also have an uncanny ability to enjoy themselves! Whether it be company BBQs on our fantastic terrace to yearly company off-sites (Ibiza in 2017, Mallorca in 2016), we make sure that we embrace our motto “Work Hard, Play Harder”. Our people have one of the best working environments possible, are encouraged to continuously learn and grow and achieve their maximum potential.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive salary
- Permanent employment contract
- Latest tech equipment: choose whatever boosts your productivity!
- Core hours with flexitime: work when you’re at your most creative!
- 10% extra for training and development budget
- Agile environment
- Private Health Insurance
- Free lunches!
- Company Amazon book account
- Half day off on your birthday
- Fresh organic fruit, snacks, coffee, drinks etc.
- Kodify off-sites abroad, fun events and regular team activities!
- Awesome offices and locations: Barcelona, Los Angeles, Altea, and Montreal!
- BBQ on a terrace
And most importantly.. our amazing team!
Miss something from this list? Let us know and maybe we’ll add it! Want to join the team? Good news: We're hiring!