Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
Our team now has more than 180 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
We are looking for a highly energetic and passionate SysOps to be part of the Marfeel team.
As a Senior SysOps you will be responsible for the evolution of the current infrastructure based on AWS and GCP being an active actor within the Operations team. You will manage our cloud infrastructure, build-server farms, clusters, provide environment updates and alerts definition.
As a Senior SysOps, you will be responsible for our infrastructure that supports more than 80 deployments every day including:
- ElasticSearch cluster with ingest rate of 4TB/Day
- 8k req/s managed by Kubernetes clusters
- Jenkins Dockerized Pipelines with 7 nodes with Master/Slave architecture
- CDN using Varnish with an Origin/Shield architecture completely managed through Ansible
- AWS & GC Cloud Infrastructure supporting 900 million visits/month
- Mongo replicaset with 30K reqs/s
We have 900 million visits per month and over 2 billion page views, and we are scaling with the minimum number of servers possible. Challenge accepted?
This is you:
- At least 5 years of experience managing high-traffic web infrastructures
- Expert in container, orchestration and configuration management: Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience with deployment technologies: Jenkins-ci, Travis-ci, GitLab
- Can write scripts with languages like Bash, Python, Perl
- Worked on NoSQL solutions, such as ElasticSearch, Mongo, Prometheus
- Web, proxy and application servers knowledge, like Apache, Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Jetty, Tomcat
- Experience applying software engineering to Infrastructure-As-Code projects
- Understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud
- Programming skills - any language is welcome!
- Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration workflows
- Motivated and excited by solving tech challenges and contributing to a team in a truly cutting-edge environment
- Always curious about what’s out there in the open-source world, you love to evaluate it and make decisions
- Aware of the importance of working together with other departments
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical people alike
- An international team player, a technology enthusiast, eager for knowledge
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
- Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
- Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
- Free language and yoga classes at the office
- Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
- Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
- Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
- Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
- Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you