Fluendo is a leading company on multimedia solutions based on the GStreamer Framework. We develop from high-end video codecs to awesome end-user applications. Our software is being used in millions of devices. Our clients vary from the main thin client manufacturers to the world’s leading film production labels.
We are a team of passionate engineers following the best development practices: distributed source versioning, scrum, continuous integration, unit tests, code reviews, good documentation... but above all, we love clean code! Each developer works more or less independently on assigned tasks, which range from low-level bug fixing to new product architecture design, and, sometimes, include taking care of support tickets, yes.
As a Software Engineer, you will be in charge of designing and implementing new video and audio codecs and maintain the current ones. Therefore, good GStreamer knowledge is required. You will also be in charge of the different multimedia middleware tools that we provide to our sibling application team at Fluendo. If you have your own side-projects, specially low level or multimedia related libraries, we would absolutely love to see them! Beside these needs, we are looking for passionate individuals that love writing code (nice, structured, clean code) and are not afraid of taking new responsibilities and leave their comfort zone.
- Strong Computer Science background
- Problem solving skills
- Autonomy and experience to create well-organized, architecturally-sound software from scratch. This is, software that will scale well and require little maintenance.
- Good debugging skills, specially with other people's code
- Great C programming skills (C++ also a plus)
- Linux / Windows / OSX knowledge
- Video / Audio codecs. At theoretical and practical level.
- GStreamer / Glib / GTK experience
- Very good oral and written English skills to communicate with international teams
- Knowledge in build systems (autotools, Visual Studio, XCode)
We also like if you have:
- Python experience
- OpenGL knowledge
- Embedded development experience
- Android / iOS experience
- DirectShow experience
- Salary based on your experience
- Located at our offices in Barcelona
- Great work environment
- Work-from-home on Fridays
- Half-day on Fridays
- 25 vacation days
- Gym and private medical insurance
- At least 2 team buildings per year
- Fruit on Mondays