Fluendo is a leading company on multimedia solutions based on the GStreamer framework. We develop from high-end video and audio codecs, to slick end-user applications or multimedia middle-ware powering different playback, encoding and streaming scenarios. Our software is being used in millions of devices and our clients vary from the main thin client manufacturers to the world’s leading film production labels.
Our engineering team is a multidisciplinary group of skilled and passionate engineers following good development practices, using Git everywhere, writing unit tests and end-to-end tests to feed our CI systems or doing peer-reviews among other things, but above all, we love clean, stable and performant code! We have an open and transparent structure where we empower people to work in self-organized teams.
We are looking engineers that understand the whole development process, who knows how to write clean and maintainable code, can debug memory leaks and threading problems with ease and knows how to build and package software into a final product. You should enjoy working with a big variety of frameworks and API's and have the ability the learn new ones easily. Our ideal candidate is an engineer that likes working with a big range of technologies and sees new challenges as a way to learn new things and keep growing professionally.
Fluendo offers a unique opportunity for professional growth where you will be working on several operating systems, different devices (desktops, embedded devices, mobile platforms or the cloud), native API's and frameworks over the full software stack, state-of-the-art technology and open source projects.
- Work in our multimedia stack built on top of the Open Source GStreamer framework.
- Design and implement new features in our existing products such as our Multimedia SDK's.
- Maintain our video / audio codecs and other multimedia elements.
- Develop and maintain our HbbTV solution.
- Work on the build systems that builds and package our products.
- Occasionally work on consultancy projects.
- You have a strong Computer Science background.
- You are autonomous and you like solving problems.
- You have experience creating well-organized, architecturally-sound software from scratch.
- You have good debugging skills, specially with other people's code.
- You understand the whole development process.
- You know how to test code and design it with that in mind.
- You have a lot of experience with C (C++ also a plus).
- You know how to write cross-platform code that runs in Linux / Windows / OS X
- You have an experience in multimedia frameworks (GStreamer, FFmpeg, DirectShow)
- You know how video / audio codecs and muxers work.
- You have very good oral and written English skills to communicate with international teams
- You know build systems & IDEs like: autotools, Visual Studio, XCode, CMake
We would also like if:
- You have scripting experience with Python
- You have worked with OpenGL
- You have experience developing for Embedded systems.
- You have Android / iOS experience
- You know how Adaptive Streaming protocols work (DASH, HLS)
- You are an Open Source contributor
- Career path
- Beautiful offices in Barcelona's city center
- Great work environment
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days-off and personal budget for conferences and courses
- Internal hackathons
- Internal tech talks
- Work-from-home on Fridays
- Half-day on Fridays
- 25 vacation days
- Gym and private medical insurance
- 2 team buildings per year
- Free coffee
- Fruit on Mondays
- Relocation pack if you are moving to Barcelona
- English and Spanish lessons