The Red Hat Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Maintenance Engineer with Kubernetes and Red Hat Openshift Container Platform knowledge to join us. In this role, you will build on your expertise with Red Hat technologies, namely Red Hat OpenShift running on Hybrid Cloud, while providing outstanding technical support to our customers. You'll work closely with our developer and Quality Engineering (QE) teams to incorporate customer feedback and make Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform an even better product. The customers you'll interact with are often last level technical contacts on the customer’s side, like system administrators, architects, and solution engineers.
You will be a part of the unique Red Hat culture, enriched with various principles and initiatives, like Open Management Practices, Open Decision Framework, and diversity and inclusion. With the freedom to showcase your leadership skills at any time, you will have the chance to bring innovative solutions to complex problems. You will get the opportunity to be a part of several Recognition programs to reward and celebrate yours and others’ success. If you want to check the real life experience of one of our engineers, check out his down-to-earth blog post about the daily life in this role. This job is a very important connection between our customers and developer teams and is essential to perfect our product quality and customer experience.
As an Open Organization built on open source software, Red Hat values innovation, extensive technical acumen, customer focus, leadership, and the creativity that impacts the customer experience across a range of products. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
What you will do
- Support Red Hat’s customers using our Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform Ecosystem running on different Hybrid Cloud solutions, like public providers including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google, and also on premise deployments
- Actively support and provide guidance to other Red Hat engineers dealing with more complex issues
- Resolve Red Hat’s customers issues across different components like logging (Elasticsearch, FluentD, Kibana), monitoring, networking (SDN or OVN kubernetes), storage, and Service Mesh or Istio
- Be a regional or global subject matter expert on one of the above mentioned Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform components
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical problems, often going through product code, to identify the root cause
- Constantly work on your skills so you can keep up with the latest technology trends as well as new products and features in Red Hat’s portfolio
- Build on your expertise by going through intensive onboarding, which includes taking Red hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Red Hat OpenShift certifications, like Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Containers and Kubernetes (DO180)/Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280), Scaling Kubernetes Deployments in the Enterprise (DO380)
- Consult the customer cases with in-house support engineers and developers to promote creative solutions and improve customer experience
- Contribute to the global Red Hat knowledge management system
- Collaborate with your colleagues on different projects outside of your day to day work, contribute to the success of the global team, or contribute to open source community and product code
What you will bring
- Excellent communication skills, ability to analyze and effectively resolve customer's issues
- Previous experience configuring and troubleshooting OpenShift or Kubernetes and one of its components like logging, monitoring, networking, storage, or Service Mesh
- Previous professional Linux system administration experience
- Passion for problem-solving and investigation of the customer and technical problems
- Ability to work with conflicting priorities, take initiative, and maintain a customer-centric focus
- Ability to work as part of a team, open-minded and collaborative approach
- Ability to read code in one of the following languages Python, C, C++, Golang, or Java; interest in deepening the knowledge of Golang
- Practical experience with developer tools for code management (Git, GitHub, GitLab) and bug tracking systems (Bugzilla, Jira, etc.)
- Passion for knowledge, ability to further grow and enhance your technical and interpersonal skills
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Share on your newsfeed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
COVID-19 Community Standards
Being a Red Hatter means caring for one another and taking steps to protect our colleagues, customers, partners, and communities, even as personal risk tolerances and country regulations vary.
Red Hat continues to support vaccination against COVID-19 as one of the best steps we can take to contribute toward ending the pandemic and to keeping one another, our customers and partners, and our communities safe. Globally, our approach is to comply with vaccination or testing requirements in countries with them.
Read Our COVID-19 Community Standards
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.