Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
You will work on the Cloud Browser Isolation team which is a distributed team that works fast and lives on the cutting edge of backend, frontend and infrastructure software engineering. We favor open-source reuse but we are not afraid of building stuff ourselves where it makes sense. Our philosophy is: done is better than perfect and we strive to work iteratively and improve our code along the way so that we can deliver fast and reliably to delight our customers. The work environment is fast-paced and requires the ability to take initiative and manage ambiguity to drive effective results. This role may interface with customers, subject matter experts, technical experts, developers and QA engineers located globally and in different time zones.
The Senior Software Engineer will report to the Sr. Manager, Software Engineering. Zscaler is looking for a seasoned and agile software engineer that has a unique combination of skills. The ideal candidate will play a key role in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation, test, release and monitor of components of our Browser Isolation Platform. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is working on cutting edge Browser Isolation technology to evolve our current cloud security flagship products: ZIA and ZPA.
About the Data Path team
Data path team ensures the most performant user experience by minimizing latency and spin-up time to our end users. The team strives to achieve these goals using the least amount of resources possible, especially with regards to networking.
- Complete ownership of multiple components definition, design, implementation, testing, delivery and monitor, according to the team's area of responsibility.
- Analyze product requirements and translating into a feasible technical solution.
- Design highly available and scalable solutions with security in mind for public cloud applications.
- Write correct, maintainable, testable, secure, performant and reliable code of our current components and future components.
- Write unit / integration / e2e / performance / resilience tests where it makes sense and integrate them in our CI flow.
- Build quick MVPs / POCs to validate technical solutions.
- Act as a mentor and a leader to all (especially junior) team members.
- Able to design and build protocol based services.
- Must have: RESTful APIs and solid understanding of HTTP protocol.
- Nice to have: gRPC, WebSocket, Thrift, etc.
- Comfortable with scoping effort and estimating development tasks.
- Solid understanding of systems design, programming principles, DOM, HTML, CSS.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with TypeScript is highly desirable.
- Experience working with JS desktop apps is a plus.
- Experience with transpilers and bundlers is a plus.
- Experience programming in Golang.
- Experience working with React.js / Angular 1.x and 2.x+ / Vanilla JS is a plus.
- Experience in developing media streaming products is a plus.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and container orchestration like Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with working with automation tools for code quality, testing, CI/CD is a plus.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
San Jose, CA, USA
Back in the day when your users were all on the network and your applications resided in your physical data center, it made sense to establish a secure perimeter around your network. But those days are over, the perimeter is gone, and network security is all but irrelevant.
Instead, you need to put your defenses and controls where the connections occur— the internet — so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications reside.
By moving applications and infrastructure to the cloud and untethering employees from their desks, you can realize tremendous advantages in productivity, agility, and cost containment. With our 100% cloud built secure platform, Zscaler can help you make the move to the cloud, securely.