- Develop and promote Site Reliability Engineering principles, standards, and tooling, specifically with stream processing in mind.
- Partner with architects, team leads, and team members to improve the availability and resiliency of our streaming data pipeline.
- Help reduce operational toil by working with teams to automate their processes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for the services your team owns and supports.
- 5+ years experience writing software in Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with SRE and/or Operations principles.
- Experience with configuration management using Ansible or Terraform.
- Proven record of automating operational toil with software.
- Experience operating software in production Kubernetes environments at scale.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience dealing with concurrency in Java is especially helpful.
- Experience developing services that consume and produce to Kafka.
- Background working with AWS products including Managed Streaming Kafka and Elastic Kubernetes Service.
- Experience using New Relic for service and infrastructure observability.
- Experience facilitating game days or chaos engineering experiments in large organizations.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to help every engineer do their best work, every day, using data, not opinions, at every stage of the software lifecycle. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic atwww.newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/future-of-work
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.