We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our growing organisation and lead an offshore remote Development Team. Frontiers is passionate about technology. Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) we offer intelligent and innovative features to support and assist our users in the peer-review process.
We embrace innovation, and we take the best from the latest technologies and use them in our agile software development lifecycle. You can have a look at our full technology stack by visiting our Technology Radar web page: https://www.frontiersin.io/tech-radar
Your primary focus will be to mentor and coach the offshore team to ensure quality is delivered, technical and functional requirements are properly understood, and issues are immediately addressed.
You will be identifying technical improvements for our platform and training the offshore team in modern technologies, and you will also work closely with the Product Manager, Business Analyst, Dev Team and QA Test Engineer, all contributing to performance and quality improvement while focusing on delivering the best user experience.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a technical, smart, communicative person with a dynamic mindset to join ourPeer-review Product Development team, who can find their own way in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment to fulfill the role of a Senior Software Engineer and act as a Scrum Master for the team.
We believe that the right person for the role should have a natural curiosity to learn new things, have a natural ability to organize people and work, enjoy working and collaborating daily with multiple people across various teams and should be happy to share knowledge and act as a trainer when needed.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development with .NET
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum practices
- Experience in Team leading positions
- Good knowledge of “clean-code” best practices, SOLID principles, and software design patterns
- Experience with the Development of Web Applications (.NET stack)
- Experience with any messaging platform (e.g. RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (e.g. MSSQL, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Basic knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of DevOps practices
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English
- Ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Experience Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience with Kafka/Kafka Connect/kSQL
- Experience with Workflow Automation Engines or business process modelling tools (Camunda or similar)
Who We Are
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet. https://blog.frontiersin.org/2020/12/21/2020-the-y...
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open-access scholarly publisher. We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
What we Offer
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
- 25 annual leave days + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across Spain
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- 3 volunteer days through our online platform
- Access to Headspace app
- Online Yoga classes
Please submit your application in English (cover letter and resume).