Join the Red Hat 3scale Engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer and help creatively solve our customers’ API Management needs. In this role, you will solve interesting problems with elegant, efficient, and well-tested code with a focus on the Admin and Developer Portal areas of the Red Hat 3scale API Management Platform, including new feature development, API and UI access to the functionality that allows customers to integrate API Management into their development and operations workflows. You'll develop and maintain features that ensure our API management system is intuitive, easy to use, and easy to customize and extend via its own API. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
What you will do
- Develop new features using agile development methods; work closely with the rest of the Engineering team, user experience (UX) designers, quality engineering (QE), Support, and the product manager using continuous delivery (CD) to introduce improvements into our Managed Service (SaaS) solution as soon as they are ready and become part of the next long term support (LTS) releases to other channels
- Contribute to large, community-driven open source projects for Red Hat along with other technology-leading companies
- Fix customer issues, working with support teams to reproduce them, confirm fixes, and roll out to customers
- Peer-review code from other engineers, always trying to improve the quality of our code base
- Investigate new technologies and architectures to apply to traffic management of APIs for the Red Hat 3scale API Management solution for on-premises and Managed Service (SaaS) deployments
- Work with the rest of the team to define and prioritize next issues to work on
What you will bring
- Computer science degree with 6+ years of experience in software development
- Experience developing for production applications specifically in the area of Ruby and Ruby on Rails application development or experience in similar languages or frameworks
- Experience with developing solutions involving HTTP, REST, web technologies, proxies, authentication, and security
- Experience that includes MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle DB
- Experience working as part of a team, using analytical, problem-solving skills, and test-driven development
- Knowledge of Git in a multi-developer team workflow with feature branches, pull-requests, and use of continuous integration (CI)
- Good communication skills, sense of accountability, and willingness to learn and teach
- Motivated, ability to work on your own, identify work to be done from issues, and work with other teams, especially product management, to further define the work to be done
Experience with the following will be a plus:
- Behavior-driven development
- Performance testing, stress testing
- Linux server administration
- Networking or software security, e.g., Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Docker and Kubernetes or Red Hat OpenShift
- Kubernetes operators
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Share on your newsfeed
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Red Hat continues to encourage vaccination against COVID-19 as one of the best steps we can take to contribute toward ending the pandemic, and to keep one another, our customers and partners, and our communities safe. Globally, our approach is to comply with vaccination or testing requirements in countries or locations that have them.
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.