We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our USM Anywhere Platform Team. The ideal candidate will become a core part of a team of talented engineers building innovative security software products. This is a highly technical position for someone that is comfortable working on a fast-paced release cycle.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience helping architect and develop large, distributed software systems with big data systems experience. Experience architecting and developing systems with the Java programming language required. Experience programming in C, Scala, Python and other languages a big plus. And of course, if you have an interest and/or background in security, we should talk.
As a member of The Alien Nation, you will be entering an exciting growth stage company with offices in Austin, San Mateo, Spain and Ireland.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborating with other senior technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture.
- Designing system architecture and software components that align with AlienVault’s business strategies and objectives.
- Provide expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Oversee quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable
- Implement key architecture and infrastructure decisions.
- Work closely with the CTO/SVP Engineering and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
- Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
- All other duties and responsibilities and may be assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8+ years software development and architecture experience.
- 5+ years Java experience
- 2+ years cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Strong background in solving concurrency and horizontal scalability problems.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Strong data analysis skills leveraging various technologies.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests, and code reviews.
- Fluency in English, Spanish a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of enterprise security/threat intelligence/threat detection a big plus.
- Experience in Network security is a plus.
- Experience with application security a plus.
- Machine learning experience
- Functional programming experience
- Message/Actor based frameworks like Erlang or Akka
- Open source security tools: OSSEC, snort, Metasploit, Nessus
- Tools: Github or similar, Sphinx, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Valgrind, Fortify
WHAT YOU GET:
- A competitive compensation that includes base salary
- The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management
- Work with a company that has been won numerous industry awards.
- Live and work in beautiful Madrid
Interested in joining our Alien Nation? We founded AlienVault to help organizations of all shapes and sizes achieve world-class security without the headaches and huge expense of other solutions. And we are passionate about our mission!
Besides having the opportunity to work for an innovative company that offers an award-winning solution, you'll have a chance to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the security industry.
Join the revolution today!
About Alien Vault