Arachnys is a workflow automation platform to analyse and prevent financial crime. We produce and maintain an enterprise-grade platform, enabling banks and multinationals to handle risks more efficiently and onboard customers, suppliers and partners. Our partners include global top-10 banks, big four advisory firms and large multinationals.
We're currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer; you’ll help us design and deliver cool new features that will be used by big customers all over the world, take the lead and drive improvements for our platform making testing and future changes easy, and continuous learning and improving as new challenges arise.
What’s different about us?
- Team of smart, collaborative people working together to solve hard, interesting problems for real customers.
- Anyone can get involved with any part of our system— front-end developers can write Hadoop jobs if they fancy
- We’re proud of our product- we are uncompromising with quality, while not being scared of pushing back on customer demands.(A top bank recently told us that we were the first supplier that had asked them,"Why?", about their requirements.)
What hard problems are we solving?
- We are maintaining a news cluster of a 120TB+ that we do millions of searches a day against in addition to searches against numerous data integration partners (see: http://blog.arachnys.com/how-we-solved-load-testing-scalability-issues-with-kong)
- Entity matching, and scoring across both structured, and unstructured data
- We are pioneering algorithms for precision searching, and reconciliation of risk relevant information across our news data, and third party datasets (see: https://www.slideshare.net/charliejuggler/finding-the-bad-actor-custom-scoring-forensic-name-matching-with-elasticsearch)
- Structured, and semi-automated data extraction from complex web pages
- We are engineering a multi-purpose Chrome extension to seamlessly automate complex data collection processes
- Distributed, highly-available process automation framework
- We are developing a plug-n-play platform to ease the codification, and hence, the automation / structuring of repetitive business processes
What's great about our culture?
- We work hard but it’s never “Crunch-Time” for us. No sleeping under desks or 14-hour days.
- We use the best technology to solve problems, whether it’s something new or something established.
What benefits do we have?
- We never run out of coffee/snacks/craft-beer
- Weekly training sessions where one of the team presents a new technology or we watch and discuss a talk from experts
- We’re paired with a great L&D start-up, Wonderwerk
- Regular company wide social lunches, events, talks and culture club
- Bonus.ly - Our in-house micro rewards scheme redeemable for haircuts, spotify memberships and much more
- We’ve got great infrastructure for working from home (easy to drop-in hangouts, a lot of communication over chat and Github)
- Great collaborative environment. Everyone wants to improve and get better at coding.
We’re proud to have a team made up of individuals from all over the world. We’re passionate about diversity, and we believe variety in age, race, disability, gender or sexual orientation enhances our work and our environment.
Arachnys company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.