Do you get goosebumps every time you interact with a well implemented, beautiful web UI? Are you passionate about building great interfaces that users love and just seem to get out of the way? Do you geek out about new techniques and libraries to solve problems in data visualization? Do you often feel underwhelmed by frontend software development opportunities and want to do more?
At Undefined Labs we are empowering developers to do more, faster. Our first product to market gives engineering teams unprecedented visibility into their CI process to quickly identify, troubleshoot and fix failed builds. To accomplish this, we need you to develop an engaging and usable UI to effortlessly explore and visualize large amounts of data, and to help our users troubleshoot and debug issues in their code seamlessly through powerful and responsive interactive interfaces. Are you up for the challenge?
What you’ll do
* Architect our web UI with performance, scalability and simplicity in mind.
Help build and lead a team of passionate frontend software engineers.
* Create and enforce best practices for frontend software development that consistently results in high quality code.
* Convert large, complex and dynamic datasets into beautiful, responsive, interactive visualizations.
* Work closely with our UX and visual design team to create an elegant and gorgeous, but also usable and powerful, UI that our users love.
* You code it, you ship it, you own it - from development to production.
* Be a role model for your team, inspiring your colleagues with a drive for excellence.
What we’re looking for
* You have architected and developed data-heavy, complex web UIs for several years.
* You have mentored and coached other engineers in the past.
* You love snappy interfaces, so you design highly performant, elegant, simple code. You continuously profile your code.
* You always avoid technical debt, so you apply well known design patterns as appropriate to maximize code scalability and reusability.
* You write code that is easily testable and debuggable. You have extensively used one or more JS testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha…).
* You want to work in high growth startup environment where ownership and accountability is a given.
What we’d prefer to see
* You fell in love with React.
* You have created your own custom graphs and visualizations using D3 or any other visualization framework.
* You discovered GraphQL and refuse to work with REST anymore.
* You have developed UIs that automatically update in real time using events over websockets before.
* You use observability tools (i.e. ELK, NewRelic, Raygun, Sentry, Rollbar…) to continuously monitor, fix and improve the performance of your code.
* You use Docker on a regular basis for everything from development to running things in production.
What we offer
* A company culture that values passion, integrity and excellence.
* An engineering culture that values development agility, automation, high quality code, ownership and continuous learning.
* Weekly team lunches, monthly get-togethers, and bi-annual company retreats.
* Yearly tech conference sponsorships.
* Quarterly team hackathons (with prizes!).
* Linux or Mac? Dual monitors? Trackpad or mouse? Headphones? Make your work setup the perfect setup.
* An opportunity to share our collective success by owning a piece of the company.
About Undefinied Labs