Dubsmash is the entertaining app that helps users make fun videos with favorite quotes for their friends. We empower people to express themselves and be anyone they want to be! The Dubsmash Team is on a mission to make the funniest, craziest, most lit video app out there. Join our team and help bring smiles to more than a 150 million Dubbers around the world!
For our Berlin Office we are seeking a
Senior Software Engineer (f/m)
At Dubsmash we search for bright and passionate engineers who want to be challenged on a daily basis. We iterate fast, work hard, make pragmatic decisions and find new ways to solve complex high scale problems every day.
Your Responsibilities & Projects:
- Work on new product features using technology such as Python/Django, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL or dynamoDB
- Build microservice architecture and migrate existing services from Heroku to AWS
- Develop and maintain analytic pipeline with billions of events per month
- Code review, bug fixing and performance optimization of existing code
- Mentoring and training junior engineers
- Contribute to our tech blog and participate in open source projects
- University degree in computer science
- 5+ relevant working experience in building highly scalable, reusable, well-tested, and maintainable software
- Excellent skills in Python/Django stack
- Expert skills in building distributed service-oriented architectures (RESTful web-services)
- Good experience in technologies such as AWS, Docker, Memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
What to expect:
We are a fast-growing company with a fantastic team, marquee investors, and explosive growth. We love technology, live for data, and look for like minded people with a vision!. We have created a fantastic working environment with feature teams that value autonomous decision-making, transparency and open communication.
Our headquarters are located in the heart of Berlin, at the epicenter of Europe’s most innovative startup hub. Our spacious office also offers awesome perks like a free food, a snack bar, a wide-selection of free beverages, a game room with table tennis and kicker (foosball). Company rituals include friday evening moscow mules, product/tech demos, beer pong, Oktoberfest visits, boat rides and tons of tech meetups with Berlin’s most influential startup players.Interested? Submit your application tod