door2door is a leading mobility software company based in Berlin. Our technology platform enables public transport companies to transform their network by introducing on-demand ridepooling, which soon will be run by autonomous vehicle fleets.
We believe in a world beyond private cars. It's time to transform static routes, stagnant schedules and inefficient transport systems. As the world becomes more urban, it’s increasingly vital to fight traffic congestion, reduce carbon emissions, and connect people traveling along the same route.
Our power of innovation prompted a visit from Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel, leading to a regular exchange and advisory on mobility and digital transformation topics. Since June 2017 door2door is member of World Economic Forum as “New Champion 2017”. We’ve been recently awarded as “2017 Entrepreneurial Company of the Year”.
At door2door you can find professionals from 25 different countries. Our multicultural team of more than 70 people (and growing) embodies innovation, hard work and fun. Our headquarters in Berlin are accompanied by our office in the exciting city of Porto Alegre in Brazil. We are welcoming like-minded and passionate people, ready to make an impact on the future of how we commute.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will join our Mobility
Intelligence team. You would work in a cross-functional team of skilled
Engineers with backgrounds in Cartography, Transportation Science,
Computer Science and Geo-informatics to develop our cutting-edge
Insights tool. Based on the analysis of extensive supply- and
demand-data sources through our Insights tool, we plan for our clients
how to realise the vision of a car free city. We analyse, visualise and
simulate millions of data points using best-in-class technology like
RxJava, GeoPandas, Mapbox GL.
You will be:
- Be part of our Mobility Intelligence Product Development Team developing our Insights Tool
- Interacting with developers, product managers, designers, customer success managers, and sales managers
- Mentoring and knowledge-sharing with software engineers of all levels to help them extend their technical knowledge
- Building data pipelines and algorithms to process, analyze and visualize data
- Building algorithms to simulate mobility
- Setup and maintain infrastructure on AWS
You'll need to have:
- A desire to share your expertise through documentation, mentorship, and both written and vocal discussion
- Relevant work experience working with data at scale
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on programming
- General interest in maps, data visualization, and data analysis
- Fluency in English
value those who love a challenge, love to raise the bar in their area
of expertise and would love to make a real difference in the world of
Urban Mobility. We're an exciting bunch from 25 nations and have offices
in Berlin & Porto Alegre (Brazil). On top of that we offer...
- Support for Learning & Development - time spent on your growth is very important to us
- Pick the tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we've literally got your back.
- Possibilities to brush up your language skills!
- The greatest benefit is becoming part of something amazing. With real impact. Now!
- Check out more of our benefits & perks: here