We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Senior Gameplay Animation Engineer - Central Football
EA Sports is looking for a Senior Animation Software Engineer to develop in-game animation features including animation tools and pipelines, improving existing animation systems and integrating latest animation technologies from our proprietary engine to our games. You will work side-by-side with Technical Artists, Animators, Designers and other Gameplay Engineers. You will take part in the full game creation process from design and architecture, writing technical documentation, implementation, debugging and polish and tuning gameplay features to ensuring owned features are shipped under performance, memory and load time budgets.
- Work with the animation team to help develop new animation systems and improve existing ones.
- Integrate new animation technologies from and into the game engine.
- Full end-to-end ownership of in-game gameplay features.
- Make recommendations to improve animation tools and pipelines, and make animator workflows more efficient.
- Support animators by debugging animation tools and help unblock them.
- Mentor other engineering team members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 7+ years software development experience in the game industry
- Experience with one or more real-time animation middleware (e.g.: Havok Animation, Character Animation in Unreal, Morpheme, Mecanim) or equivalent custom/in-house solutions
- Experience developing or working with animation systems such as blend graphs, real-time IK, animation compression, and advanced animation memory management (streaming)
- Enjoys working daily with animators and technical artists to help create solutions to complex problems
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Programming experience in C++ and C#
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Experience developing games on 5th generation consoles.
- Experience with deterministic animation systems in network games including tracking and fixing Online Desyncs.
- Experience with Motion Matching systems
"US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $149,150 - $233,500 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $136,000 - $233,500 • Jersey City, NJ: º $171,100 - $233,500 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $136,000 - $190,850 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $136,000 - $218,900
Base salary is just one part of the compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity."
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.