About The Position
Freightos is bringing freight online with the world’s largest global freight marketplace. Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s….and we’re changing that. Beyond helping thousands of top tier companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited in the process..
Changing global trade starts with shipping great code.
We’re looking for Senior Software Development Engineers (Sr. SDE) to join our growing Barcelona R&D team. The perfect candidate will be one who can drive stellar results at scale in the cloud, building V1 and V2 products that are so amazing they give us goosebumps.
Come ready for a challenge and don’t be fooled by container ships; this is rocket-science technology.
You’ll drive software architecture and design patterns for incredibly complex features that require guru-level Computer Science and high-level programming language expertise. Freightos sets an incredibly high bar to meet internal and customer commitments; you’re the type of engineer that pushes the bar even higher, mentoring and cultivating to drive consensus and align different opinions. Not to mention leveraging your experience in building mission-critical systems with SOA, microservices and APIs that scream modularity. From bug-zapping to analytics and on to problem-solving, you have the skills needed to bring a trillion dollar industry online.
- As a Cargo Code Commander, you’ll lead software development of major features and systems (architect, design, build and maintain).
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Freight never slows down; our SDEs participate in the on-call rotation.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent (seriously, excellent) programming skills in Java or an OO programing language with over 5+ years of experience making computer magic happen.
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Must have a valid EU work permit
- Good knowledge of Google/AWS cloud infrastructure and platforms (load balancers, storage, databases).
- Good prior work building and configuring monitoring tools.
- Experience designing tools to automate operational processes.