Freenom is a disruptive internet company that has pioneered the "free domain model" and is leading the change in the old-fashioned domain name industry.
After several years of growth, our first Top Level Domain Dot TK (a partnership with the country of Tokelau, a tiny island in the Pacific Ocean), has reached a historical milestone and in March 2014 became the largest country code in the world with over 30 million active domains. Our story was featured on CNN, BCC, “De Wereld Draait Door", The Guardian, and many more.
As we seriously scale up the business, we are looking for new talent to join the team in our office, in the heart of Amsterdam. We are hiring now:
Senior Software Developers - (36-40 hours/week)
You will be part of a technical team with engineers in all kinds of Internet related technology. The team is still relatively small meaning your skills could be useful to any layer of the Freenom product. Freenom works in an agile environment and is driven by continuous development.
You are a self-motivated, communicative technologist that thinks all the things should be automated. You like to apply new technology, but are not afraid of old concept proven software. You use the tool you need to get the task done.
Freenom has a substantial codebase that changes continuously. Our code base consists of Perl, Python and PHP. We are moving our services to cloud based environments like GAE, Beanstalk or Heroku to limit the system management hassle.
At Freenom you will:
- Improve the user experience by making web services smarter and faster
- Improve our API, which is written in Perl/Python
- Maintain and improve current services written in Perl
- Work with high load services and figure out how to scale
As a minimum, you
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Have extensive experience in programming Python and PHP
- Have experience in programming Perl
- Have extensive experience in writing SQL
- Have experience with Unix environments like FreeBSD and Linux
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Have a residency and work permit in the Netherlands already
- MBA or Masters degree
- Experience in an online international business
- Experience with hosting or domain name industry
Ready to be part of something big? Ready for a job at an ambitious and disruptive internet company that is changing the world? Then join our team of young and international colleagues with a "geek meets cool" spirit in our spacious downtown Amsterdam office!
How to apply
Please send us an email with your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to stand out even more? Sign up for a free domain (.TK, .ML, .CF, .GA or .GQ), test drive our services and let us know what you think in your motivation letter.We kindly ask recruitment agencies and headhunters to not come with an offer to find qualified candidates for our vacancies