Are you a highly driven and experienced Software Developer with passion for products? Would you like to be part of a multidisciplinary start-up team where everybody is driven by a passion to create the best product on the planet? Then we want to get to know you…
We’re hiring for one of trivago’s most unique entities called tell Charlie ─ a service, a guest communication platform that allows accommodations and their guests to be in direct contact with each other throughout the whole guest-journey. Interested? Read on and apply!
What you’ll do:
- Help us build innovative and scalable products from scratch.
- Write stable, maintainable and testable code in Elixir.
- You feel comfortable around the OTP framework and are able to build distributed systems.
- Use multiple programming languages, tools and Amazon Web Services in order to find simple solutions to our needs.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Use your creativity and problem-solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you’ll need:
- To hold a relevant degree or to be self-taught in Computer Science.
- Excellent knowledge of one (or more) of the following: Elixir or other functional programming languages
- A sincere interest in working with large amounts of data.
- To be an ambitious individual who is motivated to make a difference in any project or job you take on.
- A creative mind which thrives in an innovative environment.
- The desire to work in a dynamic, diverse, international team where collaboration is the key to success.
- Fluency in English.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience with startups (especially when it failed)
- Experience in the travel industry
- Experience with Amazon Web Services would be particularly beneficial
- Experience with working on free and Open Source Software projects
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our office in the heart of Amsterdam offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- Tell Charlie is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
- For more information on tell Charlie, visit: https://tellcharlie.com/ or https://www.linkedin.com/company/tellcharlie/about/