Senior Site Reliability Engineer (GCP) in Barcelona or Remote
Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration.
If you are an SRE and you want to move forward with your professional career in an international and dynamic environment, this job is for you!
- You will be working closely with SRE and Data Engineering teams to focus on the site reliability of our Data and Analytics systems and additionally support our Finance and Foreign Exchange platforms. These are across a hybrid of GCP and AWS cloud infrastructure including other data ingestion services and you will be a key driver in improving their overall performance and observability.
- Several years of relevant industry experience building large scale distributed systems.
- Experience operating web-scale deployments of containerised systems on Kubernetes in both GCP and AWS environments.
- An understanding of cloud based data hosting platforms, and in particular, data movement and orchestration within GCP.
- Familiarity of general data engineering principals and their impact on cloud infrastructure.
- A deep understanding of programming languages and the systems you've worked on.
- A passion for architecting large systems with elegant interfaces that can scale easily
- A hunger for tracking down root causes, no matter where it takes you and fixing them in systematic ways. Working with code owners to prevent repeats.
- A love for writing code - we use Python; you don’t need to be an expert, but experience is a plus and we will expect you to learn on the job.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and willingness to uphold Ebury’s values.
What we offer:
- Being part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles.
- Clear career progression framework with regular reviews.
- Continued personal development through training and certification.
- Contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- Participate in one of the most disruptive sectors in the tech industry
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- Possibility to participate in conferences for your own professional growth
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day 1. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look here and see what our remotes say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-working teams, every day is a new adventure.
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.