We’re here to help authors find world-class professionals to create amazing books. Our curated marketplace gathers some of the best freelancers in the industry — the likes of Stephen King's designer, Neil Gaiman's editor or Walter Isaacson's publicist.
We’ve grown to a community of 150,000 authors and over 1,500 freelancers in just a few short years, while picking up a number of industry awards along the way. Want to help us? Cool, keep reading!
Want to help us? Cool, keep reading!
We're building a BRAND NEW PRODUCT! I can't describe everything here but here's what you'll do:
- Architect and develop highly scalable web applications;
- Work closely with our designers and engineers to design, build, and ship new features from scratch;
- Evaluate and improve the performance, durability, and security of applications in production;
- Take ownership for your tasks and see features through from start to finish;
- Help teammates improve when reviewing their work and appreciate feedback when they reciprocate;
- Build RESTful APIs.
- 5+ years with Ruby on Rails at production level
- Experience with SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL (Redis) databases
- Unit tests (RSpec) and QA testing tools and techniques
- Git advanced knowledge
- Strong emphasis with Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience doing A/B testing and using analytics tools
- Perfectly fluent in English, great communication skills
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with deployment automation tools
- A good dose of ambition, as well as a great sense of humour
#How to Apply
We currently receive over 30 applications every day and we won't spend any time on generic messages. If you'd like to stand out, make sure that
1) you've done some research about Reedsy and signed up to try the product;
2) you include a well-structured and **concise** message with your application explaining why you find Reedsy interesting and why you'd be a good fit. Show off but not too much :).