We believe that great software is built by teams where collaboration, mutual respect and a drive for quality are front and centre and we want diverse perspectives, a passion for learning and we want people who care deeply about their work.
We simply don't understand how long hours cultures are a source of pride or expected to produce excellence or how combative, political environments are meant to generate amazing teamwork.
We don't want an environment where people dread going to work each day. We enjoy crafting great software with great colleagues.
If you feel the same way, please get in touch for a non-committal chat with a member of our team.
We are Adaptive, where you’ll use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time, front-to-back solutions for tier-one investment banks and commodity trading firms financial clients using the latest technology, in flat teams where innovation and collaboration are the backbones of our success.
Adaptive is looking for QA specialist with experience in API-level test automation to join the development of a multi-asset broker platform. You will participate in the team effort to build and release quality software in a timely manner. You will be working together with other QA team members on our side as well as client side to maintain and improve QA process. You will use your knowledge to create, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases working in close collaboration with DEV/BA/UX, using your experience with test automation to enhance the project's test strategy and build a robust test automation solution, in collaboration with Dev and DevOps.
- Create, maintain and execute manual and automated test scenarios
- Follow and suggest improvements to the QA process
- Work with Dev and DevOps team to create a test automation solution
- Work with other QA and Dev team to get maximum test coverage
- Deliver work to agreed milestones
- Significant experience in QA role.
- Experience with test automation at API level
- Ability to read/write code in Java
- Ability to derive test cases from Functional/Technical designs
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC and understands QA role in it
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Can speak English / read business requirements and technical documentation in English / write acceptance criteria in English
- Previous background in TDD/BDD
- Comfortable working with distributed teams.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience testing applications for Financial institutions (investment banks, brokers, exchanges)
- Strong desire to raise the bar for your team technically
- Tenacious, curious, and collaborative in all aspects of your work
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- No politics
- No cumbersome hierarchy: our teams feel free to speak up, to make suggestions and
- Collaborative team environment: we all work together, respect each other and pitch in
- Smart, welcoming and motivated colleagues
- Good work/life balance
Some of our success stories include:
An app store that allows users to browse available apps and install to their desktop without Administrator rights. The system provides an auto-update mechanism and also captures usage statistics
Adaptive brought our experience in large scale e-commerce platforms to quickly specify and agree an architecture with the client. The design enabled rapid development in the short term but also granted flexibility and agility in the long term.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to have a background check.