Who are we?
Millions of people every year replace their phone, stop using a tablet or watching a DVD. However, for most, the existing electronic reselling services are inconvenient and time consuming.
recyclabox is an ambitious technology company that has developed an automated kiosk to revolutionise the way consumers sell old electronics.
A customer simply brings the item they want to sell to their nearest machine, follows the simple on-screen instructions, and deposits their tech. The process is intuitive and takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish.
After the item is deposited, we collect and verify it and then pay our users via PayPal or Bank Transfer.
After overwhelming success launching recyclabox in Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, a national roll out to 500+ locations is now underway.
What’s the opportunity?
You will be transforming the back-end systems from a base-level functional system into an efficient tool for all facets of the company. Implementing algorithms and smart solutions to problems faced when developing and establishing a novel tech product and service.
You will join a talented team and will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects expanding and testing your abilities.
- Liaise with Directors to develop framework for delivering back-end improvements.
- Liaise with other departments to facilitate software requirements.
- Proactively enhancing the system.
- Ensuring the back-end system is equipped for rapid growth.
- Use knowledge to inform software design decisions
- Create scheduling and delivery of project completion.
What skills and experience do you need?
This role is only suitable for ambitious, talented software engineers that are eager to grow with the company and create world class products.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Degree in relevant field, (e.g. Computer Science)
- Understanding of best practices for software development
- Python and Django, REST APIs, jQuery, some markup languages like HTML, SQL(preferably postgreSQL), Linux SysAdmin, preferably some AWS experience, Ansible for provisioning/deployment
- High growth, young, well-funded company
- Competitive salary with possible bonus & share options
- Brilliant, passionate and hard-working colleagues
- Entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to explore the role
- Shoreditch office with plenty of staff socials
If the thought of working with a passionate, considerate team and designing products that millions of people will experience and value, appeals to you - please apply.