We are Onna: a fast-growing startup proudly based in Barcelona, Raleigh, and San Francisco. We're an international team composed of fun, experienced and hard-working individuals. We're on a mission to create real-time search for organizations, no matter where the information is stored. Joining us would mean you'd have direct impact on a product used (by some of the biggest names in tech) to solve global problems in knowledge distribution! Our work environment is fun, quirky, exciting and flexible to your needs. Come join us to make a difference!
are looking for a motivated and talented Senior Python Developer to
join our team. If you are looking for an invigorating work place where
you can let your coding skill shine, look no further. As Senior Python
Developer, you will be responsible for using Python and other back end
technologies to translate our company's vision into beautiful, scalable,
reliable and highly functional web applications.
We offer private medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as monthly gym memberships, a public transportation stipend and flexible vacation time.
What You'll Do
- Code primarily in Python but also able to use the right language for the right job
- Participate all phases of software development lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Design and develop core features in back-end processing systems
- Collaborate with UX designers to translate functional requirements and wireframes into specific features
- Work closely with developers and infrastructure engineers to design, analyze and implement functional requirements
- Deliver high quality products on time and with minimal supervision
- Provide support as needed
- Be part of a dynamic and fun team that gets it done
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Software development experience (5+ years)
- Experience with Python (3+ years)
- Experience with SQL and demonstrated understanding of database systems
- Experience with web application security
- English fluency, both written and verbally
- Demonstrated experience in Unix and Git version control
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with distributed scalable systems
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud computing platforms
- Experience processing very large data sets
- Has dream to learn and work with cutting-edge technologies
- Is versatile and adapts to a small team environment with varying responsibilities
- Is detail-oriented
- Follows best coding practices
- Communicates effectively with peers and clients, both verbally and in writing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.