Mollie is one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech companies. We provide a simple and clear payment API, that enables webshop and app builders to easily add payment functionalities.
Tinkering, disruption, and inclusivity are Mollie core values. In the first few years of existence, Mollie was a developer-only endeavour, and 14 years later devs and techs still comprise roughly 40% of all staff. As a natural consequence, a lot of things that enterprise businesses or pretend-to-be-start-ups are trying too hard to mimic, come quite natural to Mollie.
Obvious things. Like you pick whatever tools you want to use to get the job done. MacBooks, absurdly large or many screens, top-notch noise-cancelling headphones and whatever other equipment makes your nerd-boat float. We go to great lengths to create a space that allows you to focus on the things that will make you happy: shipping great features you helped dream up and build.
We don’t have development monkeys, but we do give you a problem and trust that you will create an outstanding solution. We believe in sane working hours and long-term solutions, instead of 60 hour work weeks with temporary workarounds.
- Own all aspect of the Mollie product throughout its life cycle creating KPIs to quantify and measure success.
- Report directly to the board. Work closely together with the Head of
Development and coordinate internal and external stakeholders.
- Thoroughly understand and substantiate client needs and market developments.
- Develop short and long term roadmaps, define the product features, calculate business value, and plan the build and launch.
- Effectively manage the backlog of smaller changes.
- Educate Development Dev teams and business stakeholders on clients needs, market developments and the Mollie product.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Experience in managing products.
- Experience in managing product teams.
- Experience with different product management, project management and development techniques and methods.
- Experience in and affinity with technical products in rapidly changing markets.
- Experience in e-commerce and/or online payments is a plus.
- An international orientation. Experience developing cross-border and multilingual products is a plus.
- Have strong analytical skills, experienced with quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Be highly structured, pragmatic and organised with a focus on achieving results and shipping products.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to extrapolate trends, take a strategic perspective then translate this to actionable sequential steps.
- Fluency in English. A working proficiency in Dutch or in a major European language is a plus.
What do you get?
- Excellent employment terms, including competitive salary.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- A position in a unique, young and fast growing fintech company.
- Autonomy to develop solutions and implement them.
- Best possible tech setup that you need to do your job.
- Freedom and flexibility.
- Daily fresh lunches.
- Friday afternoon drinks.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.
The interview phase may include a technical assignment to test your technical merits.