We are looking for an experienced and well-rounded Senior Product Manager to be part of an energetic team dedicated to improving our highly innovative online English course.
We are now undergoing an exciting transformation and understand we will only be the best company if we can attract and retain the best people, and this is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to spearhead a new phase of growth for a fast-moving EdTech technology company.
The main focus of the Senior Product Manager will be creating an outstanding experience for ABA English users in the web channel.
The main responsibilities of that role will be
- Be the ultimate owner of the web product roadmap, aligned with the company overall strategy and goals.
- Be an Agile Product Owner, translating the product roadmap and strategy into incremental, actionable user stories and tasks. As a Product Owner, work together with a development team to implement, test and validate the product roadmap.
- Be a Product story teller: communicate both internally and externally the product vision and strategy through great stories that connect all the dots around the user journey.
- Be a lean champion, embracing and evangelising with the development team a lean development philosophy.
- Be data driven, making decisions based on existing data and on data obtained out of experimentation and testing.
- Be in ongoing, deep contact with the English elearning marketplace and the Barcelona startup ecosystem. Be on top of competition, and explore and bring in third party tools and technologies that help the web product to grow.
Background and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience developing or managing online products.
- Proven experience with digital consumer products, preferably e-commerce/subscription services.
- Good knowledge of the Agile Methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban.
- Relevant experience in all phases of a Product Life Cycle.
- Proven analytical skills - good understanding of analytics (several tools) and interpretation of data as well as the core drivers of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: ability to explain actions taken and outcomes achieved.
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to manage relationships across multiple departments and external partners if necessary.
- Internet savvy with good understanding of trends and user behaviours.
- Results oriented with sharp attention to detail and a very organized work style.
- High level of English.
What makes working at ABA English great
- Open work environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams
- Working in a vibrant and fast paced company
- Free Breakfast every Monday
- Free English and Spanish classes
o Private health insurance: Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
o Restaurant discounts: Enjoy your lunches with a daily discount
o Childcare subsidies: We offer a discount plan for hundreds of Barcelona-based daycare centers
o Discounted gym access: Exercise your muscles as well as your brain!
o Discounted travel cards: We make your commute a little lighter on your wallet
- Free beverages and snacks (coffee, tea, juices, fresh fruit)
ABA English Culture
Here at ABA English we don’t rely on machines to produce our product, we rely on people. With that in mind we constantly strive to provide the best working environment possible to ensure the success of each member of the ABA team.
When choosing a place to work, we believe culture is one of, if not the most important differentiator. After all, it's where you'll spend the majority of your week! Our office in Barcelona is in a start-up hub for creative businesses.
When we wake up we look forward to coming in, and find our jobs challenging, stimulating and enjoyable. We take pride in working for a business that's both highly innovative and making a lasting positive impact on the world, and enjoy kicking back after a hard weeks work with an inter-company hangout and beers. Every quarter we try to go out for a cultural or team building event.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, then we would love to hear from you! All applications must be in English.
About ABA English