We’re Rover.com’s European hub in Barcelona. A multicultural team boasting +27 nationalities and their gorgeous furry friends. Our product & engineering team builds experiences that improve and simplify life for pet parents globally.
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Our apps and website help you easily discover, book, and manage personalised care for your pets including boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy daycare.
We were founded in 2011 in Seattle (headquarters), on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a pet.
Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company.
We’ve been around for a while and have recently become a public company! But this is just the beginning.
Want to do your best product work yet?
Every minute of the day, a Rover sitter or walker experiences the unconditional love of a pet through our platform. It’s no wonder that across all our territories we have an ever growing influx of applicants signing up to become providers.
This comes with very complex supply-demand challenges from a marketplace perspective, and unique opportunities to enhance the product experience for applicants.
Your work will directly help more pet lovers become pet sitters in the right geographies, setting them up for success with great profiles and constant performance signals to improve themselves.
As the Product Manager for Supply Acquisition, you are responsible for defining - and delivering on - constant product improvements geared towards supply acquisition and supply-demand balance.
You will work alongside our talented engineering, data science and UX team, owning:
- Identification, prioritisation, and execution of the Supply-side product roadmap.
- End to end product management of Supply-side user acquisition product touchpoints. The product experiences you will bring to life will directly support our Data Science Team’s Supply strategy (i.e. Supply Signup Funnel and influx streamlining through to activation stage, surfacing performance feedback signals, and much more). In addition, you will increasingly own aspects of sitter retention through different features and heavily collaborate with your PM counterpart on the demand side, on referral-type features.
- Cross collaboration with the rest of the global Product Team, Data Science, Marketing, Ops, International across different initiatives to streamline product touchpoints. Always supporting Supply Strategy (e.g. CRM automations, communication enhancements, Signal-surfacing for optimal provider performance).
- A rare combination of product intuition that intersects with hard data and business acumen
- Meticulous about great UX
- 3+ years of Product management experience (preferably in two-sided marketplaces)
- Experienced in A/B testing/ working with data scientists
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for customer discovery
- Highly effective at driving and navigating cross-functional and cross-geography collaboration to move forward product outcomes
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Very comfortable with SQL or data visualisation tools such as Tableau/ Looker, or the proven ability to learn them fast
- BS/MS (BSc/MSc) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience preferred
- English fluency, both written and spoken is paramount (more languages are a definite advantage)
Why we want to work with you:
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values - and are highly motivated by the Commitment to serve our Community.
- You can go get the information you need to validate your hypotheses and can synthesise it into what to do next.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
- You have a solid understanding of testing frameworks and have to make informed decisions based on test results.
- You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery and bring your cross-functional partners along with you.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You’ve read this last point: I’m Facundo, the hiring manager, and I would love to know what makes you different as a product person. Please make sure to drop me a short line about it in your application.
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Your work here matters :)
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to Covid-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to Covid-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to Covid-19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.