A fast-growing start-up revolutionising the design industry, a market worth over $700bn annually. eporta is an online marketplace where architects, interior designers and other businesses can discover high-design furniture, lighting and accessories and purchase directly from suppliers.
We have users in over 80 countries, so our business is already truly global - and we will be expanding from our UK office into another European location, and then into the US. We have a number of high profile investors including a large US venture capital fund, Guy Hands (founder of Terra Firma) and the founders of Zoopla, Betfair, sofa.com and Achica
Someone who’s passionate about what’s right for the user. You’re driven to design interfaces that are both functional and beautiful; you can break down complex ideas into elegant solutions - and, most importantly, clearly and confidently explain your thinking to the wider team. You’re self-motivated, enthusiastic, highly efficient and keen to develop within a growing team whilst helping to shape the future and direction of the eporta platform.
This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact in a rapid growth business, involved and contributing to all stages of the product lifecycle from inception to delivery. You’ll work through design problems from beginning to end; translating research insights into ideas that become best-in-class products, features and workflows.
Reporting to the Head of Design, your UX/UI responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with internal & external users to conduct research and evaluate feedback
- Sketching and prototyping ideas to quickly assess viability
- Designing the fine-grained details of interactions
- Championing (and improving) our design systems, best practice and UI/UX toolkit
- Producing beautiful, detailed UI, visual & interaction design & animation specifications
- Acting as a senior team member, mentoring other designers as needed
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of the entire end-to-end product development process
- Proven experience designing digital products and systems - not just websites
- Comfortable questioning and constructively critiquing designs
- Experience working with personas and journey maps
- A clear understanding of usability, accessibility and associated best practices
- Demonstrable expertise creating high-fidelity mockups of designs in Sketch
- Skilled in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Keynote
- Demonstrable experience working alongside design, engineering and marketing teams
Bonus points for…
- Animation and illustration skills
- Mobile app design experience
- HTML/CSS experience