Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is looking for a Sr. Product Design Manager for our growing design team in Barcelona, Spain. This people leader will lead a team of designers dedicated to our international pet services platform, partnering with leadership in Seattle, WA.
You will coach and develop the team using your strengths and previous experience. You'll support the team in solving complex marketplace interactions and workflows into simple, intuitive experiences. You’ll be the strategic customer advocate in a triad of product leadership, overseeing our core product. While in a leadership role, there will be an occasional opportunity to have a hands-on impact on the product as a contributing designer. (You understand when it's appropriate to roll your sleeves up).
We are an international, highly productive team of Product Designers, Content Strategist and User Researchers. On the surface, we connect pet parents with pet sitters & dog walkers. Below the surface, we create holistic solutions for challenges centralized around booking services, cross-platform messaging, personalized scheduling, trust & safety, security, and payments.
The Product Design team is responsible for the marketplace experience on web, iOS, and Android.
- Manage, and grow a team of Product Designers in Barcelona
- Iterate on and establish team processes and best practices to maintain a high bar of quality
- Ensure that business objectives are clear, that owner needs are understood, and final solutions are high quality
- Coordinate with product managers, tech leads, and business stakeholders to define and ensure that the teams' work is executed as envisioned
- Lead the team in defining a vision for services at Rover
- 5+ years in a management or leadership role on a design team
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Exceptional UX and visual design skills and the ability to teach them
- Excellent communication skills with an aptitude for candid transparency and team collaboration
- Experience and expertise in high-level product strategy
- Previous experience hiring and growing a team
- Passion for pets and our core business
- You have designed and shipped best-in-class experiences for web, iOS, and Android
- You revel in the opportunity to build and cultivate the individual skills of your team
- You are hands-on and understand when to step in and get your hands dirty, and are comfortable doing so
- You move quickly between operating at a holistic conceptual high-level down to design deliverable pixel surface-level
Benefits of Working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation (salary and equity)
- Permanent contract
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going.
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.