Senior Polyglot/Scala Engineer (CORE Data Science Team) in Madrid or Remote
- Who we are: We are a workforce on-demand company that heavily rely on tech. We integrate the complete process of selecting, hiring and managing employees, being the first in digitizing all the steps, introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
- Our Impact on Society: Our vision is to create a long-term job security condition for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimising–or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
- Data-Driven: Being the owner of the entire hiring funnel, workforce management, and working experience, give us very unique data that we transform in powerful knowledge to make better decisions, improve job-candidate matches, estimate quality and affinity, and share performance feedback with our workers and clients. We are the most advanced workforce on-demand company thanks to our data and the way we use it.
- Great Challenges for the Data Team: Integrating very different AI solutions to improve the experience for both our workers and employers (Shift Optimization, Machine Learning algorithms, Quality Score Estimations, Document recognition, etc.), relying on a very powerful ETL that permits endless automatizations while keeping the focus on data quality.
- Growth Overview: An annual growth of 170% with more than 135M of turnover. Available in multiple countries: UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia, France, and more are coming. HQ in Madrid with a second big presence in Barcelona and some remote workers in UK, The Netherlands and USA. And finally, some of our great clients are Amazon, XPOLogistics, Cabify, Santander, Ocado, Glovo, etc.
A Senior Engineer for the CORE Data Science team works across different projects together with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts.
- Raise the quality bar: build high-quality and sustainable code, and being able to propose better protocols, formats, and approches when you see the need.
- Direct impact and ownership: from brainstorming around the initial concepts and problems, to design and implemnet the solutions in production. You should able to cover the entire full-cycle and being aware about how these solutions are used and how they perform over time.
- Polyglot: you should be comfortable switching between different programming languages and/or frameworks, even though experience with Scala is extremely important.
- Mentoring and leadership: as a Senior Engineer we need you to help defining protocols and procedures, guide other team members to improve their level and expertise as individual and as a team.
- Play outside your comfort zone: working on different Data Science related projects means to work on areas in which you might not be the final expert. This means that you always have to be willing to grow and learn.
- 6+ Year experience as Backend Developer mainly building Scala and/or Java services and APIs, with staging and production environments.
- Experience in writing production-quality code in a container-based fashion, and working with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with different kind of databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, document-based, key-values based).
- Desirable experience with Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Spark/Hadoop, Clickhouse.
- Desirable experience working with ETL and Data Pre-processing pipelines (mainly in Python as we are using Airflow among other frameworks).
- A valid work permit to be employed in Spain.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The Data Science team is a very diverse team in terms of experiences and skills, and that is our straight point when facing new complex challenges. We need to design and implement the best solution for different problems without the sacrifice of a strong and high-qualitative code.
- Implement Scala endpoints that runs Machine Learning models that forecast the performance scores or our workers.
- Build consumers from RabbitMQ and Kinesis to fill-up our Features Storage system.
- Design and implement optimized data processing pipelines.
- Brainstorm and improve our internal Information Retrieval frameworks and its libraries to improve the accuracy of the candidate-job matching across multiples countries.
- Work with the Data Automation & Quality team on the ETL code to help automatizing complex data logics written in Python into clean and maintainable code.
- Work on Proof-of-Concept tasks, from understanding very well a new problem, investigating and exploring solutions, and making them a reality leading the implementation to production.
Feel free to explore our JT Engineering Blog for more details.
- Salary in the 52k-60k range.
- Transparent Equity package.
- Discount on Health insurance.
- Yearly budget for Conferences/meetup/self-learning.
- Working together on your Carrer Path with an in-house framework that will help us shaping your future in details.
- Working remotely (timezone CET/CEST) but it’s a plus if you’re willing to move to Barcelona (the office is 2 minutes walk to the city center).
- Free fruit, free coffee and free lunch on Fridays (when in the office).
We pay lot of attention to what each of us wants to achive, for the team and the company, but also for a personal growth. This is why we work together around your Career Path.
Join us in one of the hottest startups in Spain, breaking into a new market worldwide, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!