CMP Group is looking for a Senior PHP Developer for a High Traffic Site in a challenging and fun environment!
With about 15 developers here in Barcelona, we are a mid-sized and quickly growing company and we want you to help us to define/refine our methodologies, tools, and architecture, as well as help us to come up with creative solutions for our products and to design new applications from scratch, using cutting edge technologies.
CMP Group a friendly, progressive company that understands the importance of the work/play ratio. So, hang out with us on our terrace, where you can relax or play ping pong. Join us for barbecues, nights out and winter ski trips. Exchange ideas with people from all aspects of our business to help encourage new ideas and out of the box thinking. Come and work in an environment that encourages your growth as a developer by investing in conferences and workshops and always encouraging you to learn new things!
- Maintain, develop and add new features to our core products
- Modernise and improve existing code
- Triage, diagnose and solve production system software problems
- Develop new components and systems
- Advise on issues for improving app performance and scalability
- Develop unit and functional tests.
- Be involved in the full life cycle development process
- Actively participate in Code Reviews
- 3+ years object-oriented PHP experience.
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles.
- Expertise in, at least, one of the big PHP frameworks (preferable Symfony2 – or Symfony based - or Zend).
- Demonstrable experience on MySQL.
- Experience using git/github
- Experience in Unix environments
- EU work permit
- Fluent English
- Experience working on high traffic websites / products
- Exposure to Agile methodologies (SCRUM) and related management tools (ideally Atlassian/Jira/Crucible).
- Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS)
- Experience on TDD and/or BDD workflow.
OUR TECH STACK
- DDD and Micro-services architecture
- Event Sourcing and CQRS
- PHP and NodeJS
- Phpspec, Behat and Selenium
- Frameworks: Symfony2, Laravel, Silex and Zend.
- New Relic, DataDog and Blackfire.
- Jira, Confluence and Crucible.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); EC2, ELB, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, RDS, ElastiCache, S3,…
- Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Consul and Vault.
ATTRACTIVE SALARY + BONUS + BENEFITS!
* Only submissions in English will be considered.