CMP Group is looking for a PHP developer to join our development team in Barcelona!
With over 50 people in our technical staff distributed in several teams between our offices in Barcelona (Spain) and Rochester (NY, USA), we are a mid-sized and fast-growing company leading the online entertainment industry. Come and work with us in an environment that values your contribution and encourages your growth as a developer by investing in conferences and workshops and always encourages you to learn new things!
We're a friendly, progressive company that understands the importance of the work/play ratio.
Share a drink with your colleagues or just relax on the terrace, attend
our HQ and company wide events or just forget about your stress on a
fast-paced ping-pong or foosball match.
- Maintain, develop and add new features to our shared service layer
- Modernise and improve existing code
- Triage, diagnose and solve high traffic production system software problems
- Design and develop new components and systems
- Advise on issues for improving performance and scalability
- Develop unit, characterisation and functional tests
- Be involved in the full life cycle development process
- Actively participate in Code Reviews
- Documenting existing systems / components
- 1+ years object-oriented PHP experience
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles
- Solid experience writing SQL (MySQL) complex queries
- Experience using GIT
- Experience using Unix environments
- Fluent English
- Expertise in at least one of the big PHP frameworks (preferable Laravel or Symfony2)
- Experience writing tests (PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Behat)
- Experience using Docker containers
- Familiarity with noSQL solutions (ElasticSearch, Redis)
- Experience working on high traffic environments
- Exposure to Agile Scrum and/or Kanban methodologies and related management tools (ideally Atlassian package)
- Experience refactoring code
- Permanent contract
- 23 days of vacation plus flexible bank holidays
- Flexible hours
- Free English and/or Spanish classes
- Participation in professional industry conferences and training
- Frequent company-sponsored events
- Private health insurance
- Apple kit
- Paid lunches
- Free drinks and snacks
About CMP Group
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!