We are seeking a Senior Performance Test Engineer to help build the tools and processes that will ensure our products meet our quality and performance standards.
The ideal candidate has
experience in building and testing the frameworks necessary to measure
software performance through the rigorous use of automated tooling. And
of course, if that describes your ideal job and you have an interest
and/or background in security, we should definitely talk. As a member of
The Alien Nation, you will be entering an exciting growth stage company
with offices in Austin, San Mateo, Spain and Ireland.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Setup and maintain test environments
- Develop and maintain test fixtures and tools to load simulated test data to test environments
- Develop, integrate and maintain the most suitable test automation framework
- Design and develop performance load models and strategies
- Design and develop system stress test, system performance test and system regression test
- Develop automated performance and scalability testing methodologies that reflect and stress test real world use cases/scenarios
- Identify & Analyze DB performance and network performance bottlenecks
- Collect, aggregate and publish quality metrics
- Ability to determine future performance needs on the continued growth of the application.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in software performance engineering/testing.
- 2+ years cloud infrastructure experience (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Proven experience in an object-oriented programing languages like Java and/or Python
- Experience testing distributed, large-scale deployments
- Experience testing Big Data products using both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience testing REST API
- Ability to use performance monitoring (instrumentation) tools
- Passion and drive for Performance, Scalability and Reliability of all systems.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of enterprise security/threat intelligence/threat detection a big plus.
- Experience in Network security is a plus.
- Experience with application security a plus.
- Open source security tools: OSSEC, snort, Metasploit, Nessus
- Tools: Github, Atlassian tools, JMeter, SoapUI, Datadog, New Relic, Maven, Docker, Terraform, ElasticSearch, Artifactory
WHAT YOU GET:
- Be part of a fast-paced growing company that offers a challenging and fun work environment
- Competitive compensation that includes base salary
- Work for a company that has won numerous industry awards and is recognized as a visionary in the industry
- The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management
- Work for a company with strong year-over-year growth and a rapidly-growing customer base
- Live and work in beautiful Madrid just minutes away from the metro
Interested in joining our Alien Nation? We founded AlienVault to help organizations of all shapes and sizes achieve world-class security without the headaches and huge expense of other solutions. And we are passionate about our mission!
Besides having the opportunity to work for an innovative company that offers an award-winning solution, you'll have a chance to collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the security industry.
Join the revolution today!
About Alien Vault