Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of more than 650, powering operations in 16 countries (and counting!).
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $884 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion. Our mission is simple: empowering people to buy tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact.
Be part of a great and growing adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
BackMarket is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer who will help to scale the team and grow the ML platform.You will first join our Backbox team which builds a service relying on several Machine Learning algorithms that selects the most relevant refurbished product for our users, through fair and transparent competition between merchants. Backbox will serve as our Machine Learning and Data Science incubator from which new ML-focused team will emerge in the future You’ll be a driving force behind this evolution and help us to industrialize new ML models, advance the roadmap and technical architecture to a state of the art ML-Ops-System.
You will be working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where your engineering team builds, launches, monitors and supports all the code and features you will be producing.
What you'll do:
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within BackMarket
- Interface with Backend Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers to ensure all members of the BackBox team are moving toward the same goals
- Help data scientists run and improve existing machine learning models
- Work on Back Market’s ML platform in order to accelerate the industrialization of new ML use cases. Typical topics would be to improve our feature store design, enrich our ML monitoring framework, or optimize our distributed data processing tasks
- Mentor your team in producing clean, consistent and well-organized code
- Proactively research and lead design and adoption of MLOps best practices
- Cultivate an open communication culture with constant feedback between team members
- Support teams in increasing the delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment
- Strong skills in Software Engineering and Machine Learning Engineering
- Concrete experience in running machine learning models in productionExpertise with Kubernetes and Infrastructure as Code frameworks is a plus
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Curiosity, proactivity, team spirit and passion, interest in algorithms, ML / AI topics
- Scrum and Kanban are not karate moves and you hate the V cycle
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Interested in our tech stack: Python, Dask, Airflow, Seldon,AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, REST API, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx
- Beginner chess players accepted. We also take those who prefer board games and musicians (we have a band!)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, #remote friendly company, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.