As a Lead Java Developer for GlobalOrange you’re at the helm of an ambitious team that operates mostly from our office in Amsterdam. You’ll be working for rapidly growing start-ups, scale-ups but also large corporates. Our office is open, social and we believe in sharing knowledge.
We provide challenging projects, an inspiring environment and good conditions. All you need to bring are your experience, skills and your curiosity.
GlobalOrange – It started in 2006 with two college friends with a background at IBM and ABN, several laptops and a small space in the heart of Amsterdam. The ambitious start-up has now grown into an innovative software company with more than 50 employees, located in the Posthoornkerk. Several times we have proven to be among the nicest and fastest growing companies in the Netherlands.
Agile all the way.
We work with multidisciplinary teams of specialists (among others it-architects, usability experts, back-end and front-end developers and testers) on the basis of Agile development methods.
As a Lead Java developer at GlobalOrange, you are at the helm of your team. You are not only an excellent Java developer, but you are also highly communicative. You work from our head office in Amsterdam. The function is diverse;
- You contribute to the development of high-quality software
- You are involved in hiring new talented developers
- You think along about the roadmap of products that we develop
In short, you fulfill an important role within GlobalOrange and have a major impact on the growth of our customers.
Informal and professional.
- experience as lead developer or have the ambition to be lead
- excellent Java programming skills
- experience with services architecture (e.g. based on Spring / Spring boat, Vert.x, play 2.x) is an advantage
- experience with AWS is an advantage
- experience with Agile methodologies
- a drive to keep learning continuously
- a strong technical background and am innovative and proactive
- you’re the kind of person that is eager to help others develop
- you have the skills to make a team work together in a good and pleasant way
You and GlobalOrange.
The most important thing that we can offer you is a challenging and fascinating job in which you give direction to the development of complex and innovative custom software. You work from an inspiring location in the heart of Amsterdam together with a team of enthusiastic, smart and innovative people. Our clients vary from innovative start-ups to multinationals. GlobalOrange is a fast-growing and dynamic company in which you are given every opportunity to gain a lot of experience and to develop yourself.
We think your development is important. Every first Friday of the month is therefore reserved for peer reviews. We review each other’s work to ensure that the quality remains optimal and to learn from each other. The other Fridays are all about your development and therefore the development of GlobalOrange as a company. We do individual courses, invite external speakers or collaborate on so-called “pet projects”. This way, we challenge each other and we deploy our skills for (among others) social issues that we consider important.
Of course, provide lunch, the physical challenge in the form of ping-pong (do not underestimate that) and drinks on almost every Friday.
You can see that this is appreciated by our nice rating on Glassdoor and the NRC best employer awards that we have won.