As part of the Platform organization, your mission will be to provide a reliable platform to our internal teams, so that we can develop better and faster.
What You’ll Do
- Write Babel and ESLint plugins.
- Fine-tune Webpack build process, optimize Jest performance, etc.
- Develop tools or modify existing ones when they fall short
- Optimize browser performance (HTTP2, caching, Service Worker customization, etc.)
- Data structures knowledge, especially applied to the JS world (the difference between a Set and an Array, Map vs Object, etc. and which one to apply in each case).
- Use of native JS APIs, especially on Node.js (HTTP/S stack, file system, etc.).
- Understand what an AST is, how to manipulate it, and how the different tools play together.
- Browser performance optimization. Deal with the inner workings of the browser: event loop, the network stack (HTTP protocol, Service Workers, etc.).
- Experience developing large applications and/or build systems.
- Ability to extend your preferred bundler to make it achieve what you want, beyond the plugins publicly available.
- Algorithmics like graph traversals.
- Knowledge about reflows, repaints, and other browser-related concepts, etc.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About New Relic