Who we are:
Marfeel is a publishing platform that revolutionizes the way publishers create, optimize and monetize mobile websites. Over 850 publishers, including USAToday, Euronews, and El Confidencial use Marfeel to serve a billion mobile sessions, every month.
We take a Technology-First approach and have a commitment to developing new tools for digital publishers to reach their audience. Our innovative technology, including PWAs, SEO and engagement tools, monetization and experimentation makes us proud of what we can offer to our clients: faster speeds, greater performance, and worldwide distribution.
Our team now has more than 190 members, made up of over 30 different nationalities. With headquarters in Barcelona and offices in New York and Bogotá, our people and our diversity are the reason behind our world-class product, and we’re still growing.
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our core product team, responsible for the back-end system infrastructure which gives service to 1 billion monthly mobile sessions. We are continually evolving our architecture and we love tackling the challenges that this involves, such as high concurrency and performance, always keeping our focus on quality and coding standards.
This is what you will do:
- Work on challenging developments, involving high concurrency and affecting millions of users
- Use up-to-date technologies like modern versions of Java and Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices
- Work with automated environments with continuous delivery based on Jenkins and AWS, instrumented deployments
- Work in an agile environment with weekly sprints, following iterative development and focused on quality and performance
- Be involved and participate in making technical decisions
- Join a super friendly, collaborative and talented team where your opinion will be highly valued
This is you:
- Deep knowledge of Java and parallel code execution
- Strong experience with Spring IoC, Spring MVC, Spring Data
- Solid understanding of the web technology stack and building software that works at scale
- Experience and understanding of OO principles, applying design patterns and maintaining simple designs
- Well-versed in clean code practices
- Experience working within a multifunctional team and collaborating with your peers
- Understands the advantages of iterative development
- Eager for knowledge, keeping yourself up-to-date with the technology stack
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Experience with various AWS services and the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud
- Experienced with microservices (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies: Nginx, Tomcat, MongoDB, Quartz
- Deep knowledge of the Spring framework, including Spring Security
This will be you as part of the Marfeel team:
- Open-space, light-filled and eco-conscious office with large sunny terrace
- Unlimited refreshments including coffee, tea & soft drinks
- Subsidized healthy & tasty lunch delivered to the office & free fresh fruit
- Ping-pong, video games, table football and other games for down-time
- Free language and yoga classes at the office
- Subsidized monthly plan to a huge network of health & wellness centres (Andjoy)
- Transport, restaurant & kindergarten tickets
- Subsidized health insurance for you and your partner/family
- Flexible working hours and early finish on Fridays
- Loyalty sabbatical and vacation days
- Access to training platforms, courses & materials
- Referral bonus for talent brought to us by you
As mobile traffic increases and surpasses desktop volumes, publishers are required to develop a multi-screen digital strategy that adapts to usage trends and stays ahead of the competition. Catering to publishers’ ever-changing needs, Marfeel developed a proprietary technology that analyzes publishers’ unique audience – user habits, behavior and usage patterns- and dynamically adjusts the mobile site layout, to address these, which results in maximizing readership levels, engagements, pageviews, loading time and ultimately- ad revenue.
Marfeel’s UX technology is designed to automatically update mobile content, reflecting any changes taking place on the desktop site, so that content is consistent across all channels, eliminating any need of IT support. All updates are done via the cloud, making the maintenance of mobile sites simple, user-friendly, and cost-effective for publishers.
Marfeel’s exclusive partnerships with over 20,000 global ad networks and exchanges, ensures top-paying ads from premium advertisers.
Now reaching over 500 million readers a month, the company’s groundbreaking website conversion and monetization solution has been recognized by Google and Facebook, forming a strategic alliance with the search engine in 2015 and with the social network in 2017.
Marfeel is backed by strategic investors in the mobile space, including: Nauta Capital, BDMI, Elaia Partners. To learn more about Marfeel, please visit http://www.marfeel.com.
Google Certified Publishing Partner
Facebook Instant Article partner