We can offer you a permanent employment contract in the following countries: Austria, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and UK.
If that's not suitable for you, check here for our freelance position.
Hi, my name is Christian and as an IT Chapter Lead at Unite, I guide our IT teams towards self-organisation and efficiency. We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer with DevOps experience who wants to work remotely in a Scrum team to deliver sustainable architectures and efficient software.
- You’ll be part of a Scrum team which is responsible for all technical aspects of its software components
- You’ll conceptualize and design complex systems and translate them into code
- You feel comfortable discussing ideas with both software engineers and stakeholders
- You’ll develop mostly in Java environment, but you should also be ready to use new languages and systems and be willing to touch on frontend technologies
- Together with the team you refactor a legacy system to migrate it into a micro service based distributed system and run it in the cloud
- Together with the team you’ll build microservices from scratch and run them in the cloud
- You’ve already designed and implemented highly scalable software solutions from the ground up and have experience with event-driven systems
- You know about the latest software trends and want to keep learning
- You’ve demonstrated your skills in domain modelling, drafting Rest and Event APIs and in best case already contributed to open source projects
- You love working remotely as part of a team in an agile environment with an emphasizes on pair programming and TDD
- You’ve good analytical, debugging and analyzing skills and knowledge in AWS, particularly ECS and Terraform
- You’ve already gained experience with modernizing, decoupling and reducing complexity of older software systems
What you can expect from us
- An exciting, fast-paced job at Europe’s trusted B2B platform, where we connect the economy for sustainable business
- An agile technology company with flat hierarchies and open communication, where you can learn from others and contribute your expertise
- A fair and open corporate culture, with experienced, engaged managers and friendly, helpful colleagues
- A flexible and forward-thinking approach, including remote working and personal autonomy
- Opportunities to develop your skills, build a career and grow within the company – we encourage you to spend 10% of your time on professional development
- An organisation that supports your personal goals, commitments and responsibilities
What your future colleagues say
We are Unite.At Unite we connect the economy for sustainable business. Our pioneering B2B platform brings buyers and sellers together for mutual benefit. We offer digital solutions that enable effortless sourcing, buying and selling, transacting, and collaborating. We transform B2B commerce and strengthen local economies – by adding and sharing value. Built on Mercateo’s prominent spot-buying expertise and history, which began in 2000, we’ve got strong foundations: fair competition, trusted partnerships and European data sovereignty. “For better business and a better world.”
Would you like to become a part of Unite?
Our headquarters are located in Leipzig, Germany. We are active in 15 European countries. More than 700 people work for Unite – both at its physical Unite offices and remotely. In 2021, Unite achieved a turnover of €406m. For more information, explore our Newsroom.