We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Backend Developer to bring our games to new and exciting heights. We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun individuals to join our team, and in return, we can offer you a fun and creative environment working on world leading game franchises inside of the studio.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Senior Backend Developer, you are not afraid to embrace our DevOps methodology: you
promote your code to our production systems and look after it while in production. Together with
your colleagues you will take a lead on creating and maintaining the back end of our casual
games. As part of the development team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative
environment where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
- Design, architect and implement server features required to support new game
- functionality, platform enhancements, and releases.
- Ensure high performance, reliability, scalability and security of a game.
- Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design,
- attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
- Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
- Comfortable working on a live game product with millions of users every day
Skills to create thrills
You have a strong passion for building backend technologies from within a game team. You’re
an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units.
You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. You’re
excited about doing what’s best for the game, and adaptable enough to work on different things
as the game moves between phases.
Other skills include:
- Strong experience with Java, databases and caching
- Familiar working with UNIX environments, bash and git
- Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers
- Able to work closely with client developers to ensure we’re building the right things.
- Experience with Gradle and/or Ant build systems
- C++ knowledge, specifically interfacing from game clients to servers efficiently
- Modern web client development frameworks, eg: AngularJS, ReactJS
- Able to create high level visualizations from time series data sources
- Familiarity with testing frameworks
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.