Tigerspike is a digital services company that solves complex problems by creating digital products, providing consultative services and helping businesses to define their digital strategy.
As a 300 strong global team, we’re an Apple Mobility Partner and one of the most recognised specialist enterprise mobility companies in the world.
In tandem with a team of professionals, this position will allow you to craft bespoke solutions that aim to improve people's lives through technology.
So, if you have a thirst for innovation and want to work with talented and passionate people in an informal and high energy office then read on...
Tell me More!
The clients we partner with range from boutique to multinational, whose users span from employees in your local supermarket to vulnerable young adults.
You’ll gain experience with industries from NGOs to Travel and have the opportunity to provide a meaningful voice in developing products that improve people's lives.
In recent projects, we created a Smart Cities platform using React and AWS's IoT products for SSE and also launched a pilot project for NIHR, the research arm of the NHS, which required AWS middleware and native Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) apps.
For your first project, you will join a team with a mix of existing and new employees across London and Wrocław., working with a travel client on their hero consumer app. This world-leading app contains features like geo-sensitive airport maps, food pre-order in the terminal, and prebooking of spaces in lounges. You'll be tasked with writing new features into an existing code base to create alternative products for different user/feature sets. We pride ourselves on quality, and we ensure this with unit testing, automation testing, clean architectural approaches (eg Redux), and functional programming.
What experience/ skills do you need?
- Extensive experience as an iOS developer, designing and implementing software solutions using Swift
- Previous leadership experience, managing or mentoring others
- Ability to drive the development forward and being able to translate business requirements into pragmatic solutions
- A solid history of constantly improving your own knowledge and skills as well as improving processes for your organisation
- Proficiency with git when collaborating on code bases and Apple’s app submission process (including certificates and provisioning)
- The confidence to work in a client facing role
- Writing code that follows SOLID principles, platform-specific conventions and common design patterns
- Skilled in securing data in transit and at rest using a variety of encryption techniques
- An understanding of architectural choices, including the trade-offs for each
- Practical experience in Continuous Integration and writing highly testable code, simplifying Unit Tests
- Knowledge of Scrum or Kanban
- Experience on another platform (e.g. Android or AWS)
- Functional programming and protocol-oriented programming experience
What's in it for me?
Empowerment - to be autonomous within a self-organising team that is passionate to deliver quality
Professional Growth - we know you’re happiest when you’re learning new things, so you’ll be given an annual allowance to spend on your professional growth such as attending a conference or taking a course. It’s like a makeover for your mind!
Architecture - author and critique software designs and architectures
Mentorship - a chance to mentor and support other members of your team, providing technical leadership and advice
Collaboration - you’ll work in a multi-disciplinary Agile team, forming a close relationship with clients
Innovation - our monthly ‘Transmogrification Day’ allows us to take a break from client work to spend time playing with the latest tech and improving our tools and techniques
Quality - ensure the quality of your teams work through pair programming, code reviews, unit tests and test automation
Tigerspike values health and wellbeing by offering:
- The opportunity to work remotely when you need to
- An annual allowance to spend on your personal growth such as French lessons, learning to play an instrument or even a beer tasting course!
- Free Yoga and Bootcamp class weekly
- Spontaneous plank and stretch breaks
- Free fruit daily
Some of the other benefits we offer include:
- 25 days’ holiday (in addition to all public holidays) and a bonus day for your birthday!
- £60 monthly mobile phone allowance
- Free lunch and drinks on a Friday
- The chance to work on different projects in our other offices (Sydney, Japan, Dubai, Singapore, New York etc.)
Who are we?
Tigerspike is a digital services company improving people’s lives through technology. Focusing on strategy, experience design, development and systems integration, our work is hinged on five key values: Transparency, Resilience, Problem-solving, Energy and Curiosity. We have a reputation for innovation and creating long-term partnerships with customers such as Emirates, American Express, The United Nations, Westfield, ADP and New Look.
Our People are our culture and that is what makes us unique. Founded in 2003 with a team spanning 10 global offices and counting, we are excited to continue supporting businesses #TheTigerspikeWay.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.*