Kapten opens a Tech Hub in Barcelona!
We have a lot of great challenges coming around the corner at Kapten - like becoming the European leader in urban mobility 😏 And since we’re a bit crazy... we aim to double the size of our Tech team in the coming months!
How are we going to do that? With YOU. We are convinced that tech enthusiasts are located anywhere around the globe. By opening a Tech Hub in Barcelona, we want to create new opportunities for you and all the amazing talents out there to join us.
with a few developers, our Tech team is now composed of 90 people
organized in Tribes, Squads, and Guilds in a Spotify-like model. All of
our feature teams (composed of back, front and mobile developers, QA
engineers, product managers, SRE...) work in Scrum with 2-weeks sprints.
Find out more here: https://eng.kapten.com/
You will join one of our blue chip teams: the Supply Tribe, in charge of building the best experience for our driver-partners!
The Supply Tribe daily challenges:
- Build the best mobile apps on iOS & Android
- Make the fastest and easiest onboarding process for driver company managers
- Give them KPIs & reporting tools to operate their daily business
- Engage drivers with simple, transparent and efficient bonus systems
- Empower our multi-country operational teams to monitor the fleet
- Build a scalable and efficient real-time GPS platform to match the perfect user with the perfect driver
- Swift, Kotlin for mobile apps
- RxSwift, RxCocoa
- MVVM & Coordinator
- +140 microservices deployed in production
- Node.js + TypeScript, Python, Go and React as front-end framework
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch databases
- 30+ deployments a day
- Fully automated CI / CD with CircleCI, Docker and Kubernetes
- Complete observability of our stack in production (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, APMs...)
- High development standards: TDD, Code metrics, PeerReview, load tests
Find out more about our iOS Stack here: iOS stack @ Kapten
- You prioritize and size your iOS tasks to deliver on time;
- You demonstrate an effective use of testing and you proactively tackle technical debt;
- You provide thorough and timely code feedback to peers (peer coding, code reviews,...);
- You lead projects inside the team and you take an architectural perspective;
- You always push to become a better developer and you mentor junior developers.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Swift, ideally using RxSwift or RxCocoa, and you eat Protocol Oriented Programming for breakfast
- You are used to MVVM & Coordinator
- You demonstrate a good knowledge of core concepts and tools - especially tests
- If you have an open source project or a mobile application on the App Store, don’t be shy and share it with us!
- HR phone call with Miléna (20 minutes)
- Fit interview with Lead Developer and Miléna (1 hour)
- Technical test to be done at home (3-5 hours)
- Test debrief with Lead iOS and Lead Developer (1 hour) + interview with CTO (30 minutes)
- Employment offer sent by HR - we'll be like "You're the one that I want, You are the one I want" and you'll go "Ooh ooh ooh" 💃
Our work motto:
- A healthy mind in a healthy body: fruits basket, free tea and coffee, unlimited drinks, gym membership, health insurance with basic dental coverage
- A friendly and comfortable work environment: new offices in the heart of Barcelona (Plaça de Catalunya), video games, ping-pong, team-building activities, hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Paris
- …. that adapts to your needs: intensive Fridays, 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- A passive-aggressive relationship with the subway: monthly mobility allowance for free rides
Why joining our Tech Hub?
- In our Tech Hub in Barcelona, we're French, Spanish, English, iOS developers, QA Engineers, Back-end developers, Product Designers, beer drinkers, music players, video gamers, but first of all… we’re Kapteners!
- If you want to create a diverse, thriving and supportive community and craft the best user experience for our drivers on iOS, Android & Web… the Barcelona Tech Hub is a perfect match
- You will also have great learning opportunities: mentoring, tech guilds, meetups hosting and knowledge sharing through Medium, major European tech conferences sponsoring and allocated budget to send you to tech events
- Discover what your future colleagues have to say about Kapten on Glassdoor
- Learn more about Kapten by visiting our LinkedIn page