Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire a Game Server engineer to join our London studio.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join us as a Senior Game Services Engineer.
You’ll be a guiding voice on one of our project teams. Working closely with your Technical Lead you’ll build features for games which are scalable, instrumented and monitored - owning discussions with Game Designers, understanding product requirements and working with the rest of your team to turn them into implemented, production-ready services.
As a Senior Engineer you can get to the bottom of anything you set your mind to - whether it’s issues with production databases, determining why an application is down, or talking through game design considerations to reduce technical complexity.
You truly own your work, looking after your features end-to-end and considering not only what an API looks like, but how other teams integrate with your work, how it should be promoted out to production, and how it should be monitored afterwards.
- An excellent team player
- A positive and happy voice in a team
- Proficient using English, orally and in writing day to day
You have demonstrable experience in...
- Building and delivering features for business-critical applications
- Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Automated testing and TDD (NUnit, XUnit, etc)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Azure Devops, TeamCity, etc)
- Monitoring production services (Grafana, Datadog, ElasticSearch, etc)
- Designing scalable services which scale out in response to load
- Service-oriented architectures (microservices, actor systems or otherwise)
Bonus points for experience with...
- C# and Dotnet Core
- Linux (we deploy Linux containers)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Actor Systems
- Event Sourcing
- Pub/Sub Messaging (we use NATS)
- Service Meshes (e.g. istio)
- Game Engines (e.g. Unity)
- Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
- Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
- Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.